It's okay. I don't mind. | Chapter 3

(Based on HIMYM characters from Season 1 Episode 4)

It had been three days since Olivia received Lily's number at the bar

She sprawls out, upside down on her couch. Feet dangling over the back as she stares holes into her phone. Her thumb is hovering over the call button, anxiety coursing through her body. She has been this way for about 10 minutes. Her finger is inches from pressing the button when she flips the phone shut and groans.

It's so stupid. Why is this so difficult? Why is she so reluctant to call Lily even though they had an enjoyable conversation less than a week ago?

Shaking her head, she chastises herself, knowing exactly why.

Lily will introduce her to her group of friends all at once. Her talking to multiple new people will freak her out, which results in her getting all tense and shaky.

Olivia sighs, turning upright on the sofa, running a hand through her hair. "C'mon Liv, your true personality isn't like that," she says. "Stop overthinking. They aren't like your Florida friends." she adds.

She inhales shakily, tapping her foot on the floor rapidly. After a moment, she quickly clicks the call button and holds it to her ear.

The phone rang once..twice.. three times before hearing a chirpy voice on the other line. "Hello?"

She took a breath before answering. "Hey, Lily? It's Olivia."

"Oh my god, Olivia, hi! How are you?" she asks cheerfully. Lily's kind voice releases some of the tension Olivia held in her shoulders.

"Um, I'm good. Doing good. How about you?"

"I'm doing great! I'm actually at MacLarens right now if you want to swing by." She offers.

A slight smile makes its way to Olivia's face as she nods. Then, she mentally kicks herself, realizing Lily can't see her muted response. "Yeah, I would love to. I'll meet you down there in 15?"

"Sure thing! We'll be here."

After the two share goodbyes, Olivia hangs up the phone. She slowly sets the device down on the table and lets out a breath she didn't know she was holding. Then, she shoots up from the couch and dances around happily. "I did it! Ha!"

She turns off the television, diverting her attention to her closet, trying to find some casual clothes to wear for the bar.

===================

Olivia pushes open the door to the bar only to stop at the entrance, anxiety skyrocketing as she now realizes what is happening. She has to talk to multiple people that she doesn't know at the same time. The girl shook her head, ridding her mind of those intrusive thoughts. She straightens out her sweater and takes a deep breath.

"You got this." she spoke, mentally preparing herself. Olivia finally walks into the bar, letting the door close behind her.

She turns the corner and immediately looks to her left, trying to spot Carl serving drinks. When the girl doesn't find him, she then skims the room for Lily. Olivia spots the redhead in the booth at the far end of the pub, laughing with three other people.