Chapter 4.

"Are you that obsessed with me, Guard-sy? Why are you literally everywhere I go?" I asked and sat up, spinning around to face him.

He crouched down to my height and flicked my forehead, laughing slightly when I smacked at his hand.

"You're fun to follow, what can I say?" The guard's eyes flickered over me, my mouth cover seemed to catch his attention.

"Where did you get this?" His fingers lingered over it, debating whether or not to snatch the fabric.

"I stole it off some girl's stand. Whys it matter?" I leaned away from him, bringing my gloved hand over the material.

"Odd. I guess I ran into that specific girl. She had the same mask on..." He trailed off.

I tensed up a bit.

The guard sat down next to me and turned to look over the sea below us. I faced the same direction, but scooted a bit from him.

"Why are you nice to me? Aren't you supposed to be trying to take off my head right now?" I asked him, looking over to the boy.

"I genuinely don't know. I've gotten sent out here to find you every night ever since our little chase, but I never really wanna bring you to the Emperor." He explained.

"Oh. Cause you like me!~" I poked fun at him, leaning over and nudging Golden Guard with my elbow.

"Ow! I do not!" He protested.

"Yeah you do!" I responded.

"I will throw you into the sea." He glared at me.

"No you won't." I added back.

The guard lifted me into the air with a simple swish of his staff, having me hovered over the boiling water.

"Golden! Put me down!" I yelled, unable to fight against him. My hands were pinned, so I couldn't use my magic. My staff would be useless if I even had it.

"If you wish." He shrugged and dropped me, letting me fall closer to the heated water.

The guard then held me again, only about a foot from the liquid's surface.

"Golden! On the dock!" I screamed again, eyeing the hot bubbles.

"Titan, you're so needy." He grumbled and brought me back to the platform, letting me fall to the hard wood.

I landed on my stomach and face, a thud ringing out.

"Ow, Titan, thanks a lot." I sat up and rubbed my arm. Definitely gonna have another bruise.

"That was actually a bit harder than I wanted to drop you, are you okay?" He chuckled a little, but came over to help me up.

I grabbed onto his hand and pulled myself upright. Using my free hand, I rubbed under my hood where I hit the ground.

"Ugh, yeah I'm fine. Just hurt a bit." I replied.

"You're fine."

"Wow, okay. I see how it is." I scoffed at the guard, laughing after.

I reached to the side of the dock, grabbing a fistful of snow that had been shoveled away and shoved it into the guard's hood.

"Hey!" He yelled, wiggling to get it out.

I grabbed (P/N) and scrambled to my feet. They hopped onto their staff and we ran. My legs carried me quickly down the snow covered beach line. My chest heaved with laughter and shortness of breath from the running. My head was pounding, the rush of adrenaline and fun driving me to keep running as Golden dashed furiously behind me.

I turned to look at him, nearly getting a face full of snow.

"Hey! No head aims!" I called, running backwards.

"Then you can't use magic!"

"Never did!" I turned again, picking up speed.

We chased and played for a good amount of time, throwing snow and making childish remarks.

It was fun. I hadn't ever gotten to joke around with another person before, let alone one that's probably around my age. It did seem like I was doing more of playing than Golden was, but it was okay. He probably didn't get to play often.

He always seemed stressed or something. Never truly 'okay'. I liked to think I was helping him loosen up a bit.

I had tripped over my cloak. The fabric had wrapped around my boot and brought me down. I face planted into the snow and turned over onto my back to catch my breath.

Golden approached and stood over me. If I could see his face under the mask, I guarantee he'd be grinning.

"Like the view?" I panted.

"No. Get up." The boy dragged me onto my feet and watched as I dusted the snow off myself.

"Thanks I guess." I mumbled. "Guess what?"

"What now?" He asked.

Before I could respond, a few coven scouts came into sight down the beach line. They looked around, then caught eye of us.

My expression changed, and Golden must've noticed it. He seemed to tense up.

"Silver... Silver, what is it?"

"Run." I whispered.

-------------------------------------------------------------
A small chapter but wtvs who cares lolz
Word Count: 830.