My family were gone as there shoes were gone again due to Josh and his game having 2 games today. I dropped my car keys on the tray and walked toward the kitchen hearing noises of people talking. My body didn't react to me wanting to stop and peek but walked straight in. Those people talking were Cara, Conner, and Ravi. "So where could she be now?" Conner said with his hand in his hair. Ravi looked like he wanted to cry and Cara was crying. 

"Are you guys okay?" I said as they turned to me with widened eyes. They all ran towards me and surrounded me. 

"Shit! Are you okay?" Ravi said looking around my body for any signs of cuts or anything. "What happened to your wrists?"

Shit. I can't tell them just yet. I need to think of something.

"I tried a perfume at the mall and it irritated my skin, They used water for a hour to help the perfume of my skin." I said laughing and putting my coffee in the fridge. That. That was stupid. 

I closed the fridge with a soft smile and grabbed my phone. Maddy called earlier, that earlier was where I was chained. "I'm going to call Maddy, if you need me I'm in my room." I said walking toward my bed room door up the stairs. 

That was close. Too close. 

I enter my passcode and went straight to contacts searching for Maddy's name. I found it and tapped it. 

"Hello?" Maddy said with a scratchy tone. No word came out and waited for the perfect time. " Hello, Pippa?" She asked again clearing her voice. 

I jumped at my name and held the phone closer to my ear. "Sorry, It froze." I said chuckling silently. "Question, Do you have other siblings expect Estelle?" 

Silence. Nothing was heard on the other side of the phone. Just Maddy breathing loudly. "How do you know?" She asked.

I'm nervous. She's nervous. Somethings up. The guy and Her brother must have had something to cause that stress. "I just wanted to ask if I can talk to him, I didn't know you had a brother but it's a important thing if I ask him stuff." I said as I played with my hair. 

A long pause held us together and made my breathing louder. "Are you okay Maddy, somethings troubling you, I know it." I asked getting up to go get my keys. "I can come over and talk about it oka-" I continued until she interrupted.

"No.. No.." She said. "I'm fine, I'm fine Pippa." She said as she hung up. I sat up and looked for my keys. Where the hell did I put my keys. I ran downstairs looking around if I have any sign of them but none. 

"Where- What are you doing?" Cara said walking towards us sniffing. I looked her in the eye and see her with worry and stress. too much.

"Maddy, she's in trouble. She sounds like it." I said lifting papers.

"Maddy?" She said with a tone. "You're not doing the case still?.." She said softly holding my hand. 

I saw my keys and grabbed them with my other hand. "Cara.. Please, I have too."

She shook her head and grabbed my other hand. "Pip, No one is forcing you please." She cried as tears fell down. "I don't want you hurt either way." 

I found a way to get her hands off mine, to do it safely and walked toward the door. "I know, I have to or I'm disappointing people." I sniffed as I opened the door. "Especially myself."