|| Chapter Five ||

Roll the Dice

••••

Come with me to the Inkwell Isles, it's just off the coast, maybe 29 miles
Where there's good and there's bad and there's the in-between
With Cuphead, Mugman, Y/n, you'll see what I mean

Ice cream and rocket trouble never ends!
Watch these ding-dongs as they make new friends! They'll need some help just to stay on trackOh no! There's that guy you better watch your back!

So, if you're looking for fun!
Yes, we're looking for fun!

With the dash of heebie-jeebies!
We got the heebie-jeebies!

Pack your bags and let's go!
Welcome to the Cuphead Show!

••••

OUTSIDE OF ELDER KETTLE'S COTTAGE, the two brothers were messing around with Elder Kettle's tire or as he would say, his "lucky tire." With Y/n petting their goat while watching the two boys playing around, her brow raised in confusion, "Wonder what's so entertaining about that tire, huh?" She asks herself; she looks at the goat, in which it shrugged while eating some grass.

"Boys! Y/n! Our favorite radio show is about to start!" Elder Kettle calls out. The three stopped what they were doing and gave each other huge grins, "Alright! I'm so excited!" Y/n cheers excitedly. Before one of them could comment, a shout was heard from Elder Kettle, "Hey! You're not playing with my lucky tire again, are ya?" He questions the two boys.

"Of course not, dearest Kettle" The brothers say in a unison, their arms behind their back as they gave Elder Kettle a nervous smile. Elder Kettle squints his eyes suspiciously, he turns to Y/n; raising his brow as he looked at her for confirmation, "Nah, they were just playing around with some sticks." Y/n responds as she continues to pet the goat.

Just as Elder Kettle was about to question any further, the radio interrupted, "Live from beautiful Inkwell City..." The annoucer trails off, quickly Elder Kettle went towards where the radio was. The two boys sighed in relief, "Thanks for that, Y/n!" Cuphead exclaims. "Yeah, thanks" Mugman mutters, avoiding her gaze.

Y/n, noticing, raises her brow and was about to question him until she saw Cuphead and Mugman's eyes widen, "What? What happen?" She quickly turns back, her eyes also widening as she sees Elder Kettle's lucky tire rolling away.

"Oh, Crud"

••••

ALL AROUND INKWELL CITY, every toon listened intently at the radio and announcer, giving them all of their attention, "It's everyone's favorite game show, Roll the Dice!" the announcer exclaims. Practically every toon was overjoyed at the announcement, as it is one of Inkwell's most popular and respected game show there is! "Featuring your master of ceremonies, King Dice!"

Live at the game show, a few cards began to play jazz, welcoming King Dice who strolled in scat singing, "Whoa, oh, whoa!" he danced along as he became close to the microphone, "Whoa!" he sang as a huge grin appeared on his face, his arms extending high. King Dice faced the crowd, "All right, let's jump right in!" King Dice announces.