|| That Way ||

••••

"We say we're friends, but I'm catching you across the room

It makes no sense 'cause we're fighting over what we do

And there's no way that I'll end up being with you

But friends don't look at friends that way"

••••
Y/N HAD ALWAYS gotten along with Cuphead the most. I mean, both pretty much had the same chaotic, adventurous energy; with both of them being extremely reckless, a bit way in their head, and loving a dangerous adventure that'll excite them to the very end! A very powerful yet chaotic duo

WHEN CHALICE COMES into play, the two girls get along so swell and see themselves as sisters separated from birth. Y/n was ecstatic that another girl was in the group, and while it took some time for Chalice to warm up to the trio, eventually she gets closer to Y/n and lets her in on bits of her past, in which Y/n also tells Chalice bits of her past as well. Nevertheless, the two girls enjoying each other's company. With Chalice teaching Y/n how to dance and Y/n teaching Chalice to be a bit more open with herself and others.

WITH ALL THESE great relationships, hers with Mugman was a bit complicated to say the least. While she got along with Cuphead more personality wise, her relationship with Mugman was more challenging. The two just never really clicked, and it was obvious to everyone except Cuphead. So, expect a lot of arguments and continuous banter between the two, it doesn't matter the situation they're in, expect arguments to happen.

Although, who knew that pissing off the devil was a way for the two to get closer, and possibly be more than just frenemies?

••••

With that out of the way, please keep in mind that this may be a bit of slow burn since in this story (atleast the first act for now) the reader and Mugman aren't too fond of each other at first, so it'll take some time for them to slowly start to like each other.

I'm making it this way because when it comes to "enemies to lovers" or/and anything that involves with disliking/hating each other than becoming lovers, I hate when stories make it quick for the love interests to start liking each other and start dating in like less than 5 chapters despite "hating" each other. I feel like this is more common specifically in most Wattpad stories; I've read some enemies to lovers here that are written amazingly and where you could believe in the romance between the love interests.  While yes it may be slow, but personally I feel like it's more realistic and believable that they'll start to slowly like each other's traits and quality time and then they'll start to think of them more romantically. I feel it's more realistic that way since you don't expect to fall for someone you've "hated"

Anyway, sorry for the rant, but I had to make that clear because that's what I want the story to go for and I don't want the characters to just start liking each other quickly despite disliking each other.

Now with that out of the way, I hope you enjoy reading "That Way", please make sure to take breaks from time to time and to drink some water if you haven't already and grab a snack to keep you energized. Thank you and please enjoy <3

Published: 11/22/22