|| Chapter One ||

Carn-Evil

••••

Come with me to the Inkwell Isles, it's just off the coast, maybe 29 miles
Where there's good and there's bad and there's the in-between
With Cuphead, Mugman, Y/n, you'll see what I mean

Ice cream and rocket trouble never ends!
Watch these ding-dongs as they make new friends!
They'll need some help just to stay on track
Oh no! There's that guy you better watch your back!

So, if you're looking for fun!
Yes, we're looking for fun!

With the dash of heebie-jeebies!
We got the heebie-jeebies!

Pack your bags and let's go!
Welcome to the Cuphead Show!

••••

IN A HILL not too far away, there was a cup house that stood in the middle of the forest. It was a bright sunny day outside; with jazz being heard from all around, butterflies being scattered around and the flowers being upbeat. Inside the cup house, Elder Kettle was happily making pancakes for the two boys and Y/n, who had entered the house a few minutes earlier.

After Elder Kettle had finished making 5 pancakes, he tossed them to Cuphead, who was reading a comix book. Using his foot, he stomped on the table. Causing his plate to fly in the air and using his free hand to lift the plate, letting the pancakes land on the plate with Cuphead smiling at what happened.

Both Mugman and Y/n looked in awe and decided to do almost the same thing. When Elder tossed the five pancakes towards Y/n she lifted her plate up high, causing the pancakes to land on her plate. Causing Y/n to smile in response.

Mugman then lifted his plate up high, however when Elder Kettle tossed the 5 pancakes to him, instead of being in the same direction of the plate, the pancakes went below the plate, causing the pancakes to fall down. Leaving Mugman to be upset.

Cuphead notices and cut his pancakes in half and giving it to Mugman, leaving him to smile in response. Y/n would never admit out loud, but she envied their relationship and how they look out for each other, it was a rare sight that you don't see too often from others.

Cuphead then pours the rest of the syrup to his pancakes, he then gives the syrup to Y/n, who pours some to her pancakes, not too much like Cuphead had done. She then passes it to Mugman and tries to pour the syrup down, only for bits of syrup to release.

He glares at Y/n who just finished her pancakes, "delicious" she smirks. Causing Mugman to roll his eyes in response. "You just had to finish all the syrup" He mutters. Y/n looks over to him. glaring at him, "I'll have you know, I put the right amount of syrup. Look at Cuphead's plate, if you want to complain" She points to Cuphead and sees that his pancakes were drenched in syrup and ate it in one bite. Causing Mugman to glare at both of them.

"Cuphead! Mugman! Y/n!" Elder Kettle calls out. "Yes, Elder Kettle?" The trio responds in sync. "Today, you three are in for a real treat!" Elder Kettle responds excitedly, his hands behind his back. "Really!?" The trio exclaimed, with Y/n cheering in the background. "You three..." He reveals what was behind his back, showing white paint buckets and brushes, "...Get to paint the fence!" He cheers. The happy smiles immediately disappeared and were replaced with pure boredom.