Black Forest [Prime!Sonic]

Start from the beginning

Even though you were in pitch blackness, you swore you saw his eyes glisten a little. As if he was about to cry.

You softened your expression. "How 'bout this. I scream Marco every 5 seconds and you shout Polo back so we can track each other based on how far apart our voices are. That sound good?" You asked him softly.

There was silence for a moment, you couldn't tell if he was thinking or if he just spaced out like he usually does after you say 9 words in a sentence.

He sighed.

"Alright, fine" He reluctantly released his strong grip on your hand and took a careful step back.

"Alright, don't wander off too far. Just feel around for sticks- twigs- branches- anything that can be a conduit for fire. I just need to find some flint and steel...if they even exist here" You instructed.

He made an agreeing 'hmph' and you two went your separate ways.

"Marco!" You shouted

"Polo!" He shouted back.

You felt around carefully in the black soil with your hand to pick up any sticks.

"Marco!"

"Polo!"

As you ventured deeper through the trees, his voice seemed to become more distant, you were about to turn back until you heard the snapping of a twig.

It had been over 40 seconds and Sonic was concerned.

"Marco!" He started shouting.

"Marco!!"

Still no response.

"Marco?!" He shouted louder.

"Marco...?"

He didn't hear an utter, a murmur, a breath from you. He ran towards the last place he heard your voice.

"Y/N?!-- augh!" He was immediately yanked down by his shoulder with a finger placed over his lips.

"Shhh" You hushed quietly. You lifted the finger off his lips and pointed it towards a gray slug-creature of some sorts.

You grabbed a stone from the ground beside you and threw it a different direction away from you two. The slug monster heard and immediately went slithering over to the source.

"That won't keep it busy for so long, the creature is faster than any slug I've seen. But I saw flint and steel just beyond there" You whispered, pointing out towards the flint and steel.

"So...what exactly are you suggesting?" Sonic trailed off, dreading what answer might slip from your lips.

"I need to run over and grab it. You need to throw rocks every now and then to distract the beast to give me enough time to grab the stuff, got it?" You instructed.

Sonic seemed a bit hesitant on this plan, the worry was clear in his eyes, but he just nodded firmly and went along with this.

He gathered around some rocks that he could feel around him and stockpiled it. When the beast started circling back, he threw a rock at the far side of the black woods.

Sonic couldn't see the beast entirely, but he could tell it was large.

Like. Huge.

Compared to you and Sonic, you two would probably only be as filling as a cookie.

When the slug beast trudged as far as you were comfortable with, you made a run for it to the other side.

You skidded to a stop, picking up the flint and steel with a victorious grin on your face. You couldn't contain your excitement.