Chapter 11(path 2)

(My pov)
I have been living with Drex and Ann for a while now. Ann has filled me in on how their kind works. She had been laying eggs as we had been bringing in humans to give birth to new brothers and sisters. I have been given the title of a warrior. So, I protected the nest with Drex. Over time, I slowly started to trust Drex again. We become a bit closer. He's so cute at times. I think I am starting to fall for the goofball.

I make my way into the hive looking for Drex, and just like I thought, he was playing with the newborn chest busters. This is why I say he's a goofball. I giggle at his antics, which catches his attention.

Drex: "Oh, is someone laughing at me?"

Name: "Maybe. What are you going to do ab..."

I was suddenly tackled by drex. He was laughing at my surprised face. I blushed slightly, and having him so close to me made me have butterflies in my stomach. He seemed to notice my blush as he tilted his head. This told me he was confused.

Name: "What? What are you confused about Drex?"

Drex: "Are you feeling alright?"

He said in concern. He got off of me as he looked at me intently.

Name: "Yeah, why?"

Drex:: "Your face is discolored. Are you sick?"

Now, I laughed at him once I realized what he was talking about.  Drex was still learning, so I explained to him that I was just happy. I also told him there are other times my face gets red, but then he has to look at my body language and how I was acting or speaking.

Drex: "So you're happy. That's good to know....Hey, um, wanna go for a run to the lake?"

Name: "Sure. I need to stretch my legs anyway!"

We leave together. Once out, we start to travel to the lake. We playfully bumped into each other. Laughter is heard between us, as we arrive at the lake.

Name: "That was fun!"

Drex: "Yeah it was!"

Name: "It's pretty out here."

Drex: "Yeah.."

I was unaware, but Drex was not talking about the lake. He had gotten closer which I did notice. I blushed as we looked at each other. Slowly he began to lean forward, his lips almost close to mine. My heart pounded in my chest as we were so close. I was about to kiss Drex and I didn't want to stop it. I was ready to accept him as my mate.

A/N
CLIFFHANGER HAHAHA!!
Hoped you enjoined this chapter!