Last Of The Ladies

"Babe, I'm home!" You shout, kicking off your shoes and closing the door to the flat you share with Sam. "Babe?"

Normally, he'll meet you at the door with a kiss and a cuddle, maybe a cuppa, but tonight he's nowhere to be seen.

"Sam?" You call, sticking your head in each room looking for him.

After searching the rest of the flat, the only room left is the bathroom.

You knock on the door, "Love, you in here?"

"Yeah," He mumbles quietly, "Door's unlocked."

He sounds... off, which is never a good sign with Sam, "Is it okay if I come in?" You ask, your stomach doing backflips.

"Yeah," His voice is barely audible through the wall.

Gently, you turn the handle and open the door. Sam is sat against the shower, head in hands. He doesn't look up at you and keeps staring directly in front of him.

You sit beside him, cautious not to cause him to snap. He's been kind of fragile recently, probably due to the pressure of his new album being released in a week, so it's best to just be calm and quiet and not push him too much.

"Hi," You say quietly, resting a hand on his arm, "You okay?"

He looks at you out of his peripheral vision, "Yeah. How was your day?"

"It was nice. We had a big meeting and apparently I'm in line for a promotion. How was yours?" You want to get to the bottom of why Sam's hiding in the bathroom in the dark.

He shrugs, "I'm really proud of you." His voice has gone almost entirely monotone, something that happens when he's in sensory overload or anxious.

"Overstimulated?"

He nods, "Too much going on."

"Do you want me to leave you to it?" Sometimes space is the best thing you can give him.

Sam shakes his head, "Stay. Please."

"Okay," You smile softly, "Have you eaten today?"

He frowns, clearly thinking, "We had breakfast together, didn't we?"

"That was yesterday, love. I left before you got up this morning, had an early start." It's like all the days have been blurring into one.

He rubs his eyes, "Oh."

"Come on," You take his hand and walk with him to the kitchen area. He doesn't object, just follows you with the same dead look, "How does some cereal sound? Just a little bit?"

Even though he curls his lip in mild disgust, he agrees, "Fine."

From the cupboard, you take a couple of bowls and a box of Cheerios. "Milk?"

He shakes his head, still staying fairly quiet. All the lights in the flat are off and so are the speakers. It's perfectly dark and silent, other than the rhythmic ticking of the clock on the wall.

Sam picks at the cereal in front him, probably only eating because you're sat opposite him. Once he's finished half the bowl, he lies down on the sofa, too tired to go anywhere.

"Fancy a cuddle?" You sit beside him, still not wanting to make things worse. Right now, the world is probably going a million miles an hour and all you can do is watch and try to help slow things down.

He smiles a little, "Yeah. C'mere."

Sam opens his arms so you can lie on his chest. Once you're comfy, he wraps his arms around you, pressing a kiss to your forehead.

"Sorry I'm such a grumpy bastard," He mutters, "You know I love you, don't you?"

It breaks your heart, the guilt he puts himself through, "It's not your fault, babe. And of course I know. You're an amazing boyfriend, even if you don't always realise it."

"How'd I get so lucky with you, eh?" He chuckles.

You grin, "I think your adoring fan base think I'm the lucky one. And I am. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

"Without you, I wouldn't have a fan base, pet." His stubble tickles your cheek as he continues to pepper you with kisses, "You're amazing, ykna. Like, you just... I don't know. You make me so fucking happy every day."

You sigh with content as his lips travel along your jawline, "Mhm. I love you."

"You're the love of me life," He mumbles, "Marry us."

Your heart races in your chest as you process what he says, "Are you serious?"

"I've never been more serious about anything," Sam says, "Let us do it properly, yeah?"

He rolls out from under you, getting down on one knee with a stupid grin on his face, "Y/N, M/N, L/N. I know I'm not the easiest bloke to put up with, but somehow you manage. Will you do me the incredible honour of becoming my wife and making me the happiest lad alive?"

"Yes!" You beam, tears pricking your eyes, "Oh my God, yes, a thousand times yes."

sam_fender
Tynemouth, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne

❤️ liked by y/n_l/n, dru_michael, deanedwardthompson and 14,284 others

sam_fender She said "wey aye"

We gan together like Tyne & Bridge, Fish & Chips, Shearer & NUFC

Me & Yee

I love you more than life itself and I can't wait to say what the future holds for us

Prepare yourselves for some soppy new music, this lad's in love

Also, yes we were cringe and took engagement photos

Tagged: @y/n_l/n

johnnybluehat Wait Y/N, it's not too late to run!!
sam_fender @johnnybluehat Howay man...

dru_michael Did you trick her into this??? Y/N blink twice if you need help
y/n_l/n @dru_michael 👀👀

liam_fender Fair play to Y/N for putting up with me daft little brother for so long
y/n_l/n @liam_fender Dunno who's worse, him or you
sam_fender @liam_fender me missus is on my side, dickhead
y/n_l/n @sam_fender Don't push your luck babe