VI

Chapter VI
Red lipstick and jealousy

At some point I fell asleep during the flight, and I'm sure the others did as well, after all, it was a long flight.

I woke up at 7 o'clock when we arrived, and I was surprised to find a fluffy blanket around my body. I looked to Alejandro for a second, and I got a smile as a response.

That smile made my stomach tighten, my lips curling up as well. I tagged along, leaving the plane along with the other men. Its been a while since I started working with them and I started to hate less the whole teamwork thing.

We were surprised to find out that we are going to live in an apartment that Laswell rented for us. Well, not live, but we will go there to get ready for the mission, and only after we finish it we will go to the French base.

I knew Laswell had connections, I didnt expect less, but I have yet to understand how does she manage to get us welcomed to this base in such a short time.

We got to rest and enjoy some food after we arrived, but the time passed so fast I didnt even realize that we were supposed to get ready already.

I was in my room, doing my makeup. I wanted to look perfect, I wanted to make myself look pretty, not for Alejandro, not for Hassan, but for myself. After rough missions, and sweaty workouts, I felt the need to put on some makeup and a dress and feel pretty.

I went for a reverse cat eye, smoking it out with a dark brow eyeshadow. Even though the whole idea of it was to focus on my under eye, I couldnt bring myself to let the eyelid untouched so I applied some black pencil on my lashline, followed by fake lashes.

Before I applied on my red lipstick I took my time to watch myself in the mirror. I was wearing only my laced underwear and stockings, my voluptuous chest exposed completely. My dress had a corset, so wearing a bra was unnecessary anyway.

I leaned against the mirror, applying my lipstick carefully. My eyes fell on my neck though. All the bruises Alejandro left on my skin were covered by makeup, and I was the only one that knew how much it took to do it.

Now, that I wearing my dress as well, I needed to put on my heels. But god could I deal with them while wearing those fake nails? I let out a sigh, taking my phone, texting Alejandro, asking for his help.

In less than 5 minutes I heard a knock at the door.

"Alejandro is that you?"

"Si, cariño."

I opened the door letting him walk in. He was dressed in a full balck suit, with a white shirt. A basic suit, I could say, but one that made him look amazing. He looked down at me, giving me a disappointed head shake, before sitting down at my desk.

"Covered them?"

"I couldn't not to."

"I dont know, they looked good on you. But how can I help you anyway?"

"I need help with my heals, i cant do them with those nails."

He just nodded, taking the shoe box, letting it on the desk next to him. He took one of the shoes, then looked up to me, patting his thigh.