Take me home

Tonight was a long night. I drank so much I couldn't even remember where I was.

"Yeaaaa cheers!" I said to my space friends as we all drank.

"Alright that was my last drink- guys in think I'm gonna go home now" I said taking out my portal gun.

I hugged them goodbye and off I went into the portal.

I didn't end up at home though..

it seemed like some sort of garage...

"Where am I?" I said rubbing my forhead.
I put my portal gun down in front of me as I tried to look for my phone.

Then I heard a door open behind me. I turned around immediately with a gasp.

"Who are you?!" A man with a long white lab coat and blue spikey hair was pointing a ray gun at me.

"I'm Y/n L/n- i *hic* come in peace" I said putting my hands up in a surrendering position.

The man put his gun down seeing that I wasn't any harm.

"How did you get here"

"I- I'm not sure" I said as I started to feel dizzy.
Fuck. The alcohol was kicking in.

He walked over to me and saw my portal gun. He picked it up and examined it- "huh" he scoffed

"Where are you from"

"Earrth" I said starting to slur my words.

"No shit." He rolled his eyes "why is your portal fluid purple?" He shot it at the wall.

"Ah- nice- you can eeuugh see where you're going before stepping through it. So why the fuck did you end up here?"

"I-I wasn't paying attention.."

the portal closed.

"Limited time portal huh" the man looked at me "Where are you coming from." He asked

"Some *hic* bar on another planet-" I laughed a little.

"Yea- you're drunk."

"Just a little" I giggled coming closer to the man The man sighed trying to figure out a solution. Not sure what it would be as I passed out falling towards the man.

No one POV:
The man caught Y/n in his arms as she collapsed from all the drinks she had that night.

The man was fascinated that there might be another person just like him roaming the universe.

He looked down at the woman in his arms unsure what do with her.

He pressed a few buttons on his work bench and up rose a built in table from the ground. He layed her down on it and left the garage to find something to keep her warm.

He came back with pillows and covered her with a blanket.

He locked the garage door and the stood in front of it as he tried to figure out what to do.

He realized he couldn't really do anything but just wait till she come back to conscience.

"Rick?! Rick are you in there!?" There was a loud banging on the garage door. The man ran over to it opening it immediately so that his grandson wouldn't wake up the woman.

"R-Rick what are you doing in here? W-we're supposed to be having dinner- holy shit."

"Y-yea Morty your not really supposed to be in here right now"

"W-Who is that!!?!?"

"Don't know- she just portaled in here.."

"J-just like that? I-isn't there a-any way to ID her or something?!"

"Y-Yea Morty, I don't really care who eeuugh she is either way." The man said taking out a flask and drinking from it.

"R-Rick! What are you gonna do with her!?!"
"Nothing. Wait till she wakes up and tell her to leave"

"Th-that's it?!?!"

"Yes. What more is there to do"

"We-we could make a new friend?" The boy stammered

"New friend? Morty, get out."

"W-what no!"

The man crossed him arms staring at the boy cause of his ridiculous comment.

"Morty if we befriended everyone who just popped up in our house we'd be dead." The man said walking back to his desk

"Okay but this is a space person, sh-she's just like us Rick! Aren't y-you at least a little bit curious as to who she is?!"

"No Morty. Get out."

"Rick!"

"NOW!" The man yelled.
The boy quickly ran out as the man stayed in the garage stressed and unsure on what he was going to do now.

He rubbed his forehead as he sat down in front of his work bench- he thought about taking apart her portal gun but then he figured putting it back to together would be too much work.
He compared her portal gun to his.

Hers was black and had purple fluid with a way to put in coordinates on the side and a safe mode button and a self destruct button on the left side. The scientist looked at his gray portal gun with green fluid inside. The mans portal gun model looked slightly similar to the woman's. He wondered if she made it herself.

-Time skip-
The man stayed up all night comparing differences in the guns as he took them apart and put them back to together. Maybe the woman was worth keeping as a friend.
He leaned on the table staring at the still unconscious woman. He sighed putting down the portal guns and rubbing his eyes struggling to stay awake as it was already the next day.

Y/n POV:
I sat up rubbing my eyes seeing the man from earlier-
"Oh shit- did I pass out? I'm so sorry.."
"Yea you're fine.." he said coming up to me
"Say.. I never got your name.." I said looking up at him at he stood in front of me

"Rick Sanchez"

"Oh- I've heard of you before.."

"Nothing good I hope" he said leaning on the table with his arm

I chuckled "nope"

"Good"

I stared at the man for moment. They way his eyes were drifting told me he must've been up all night.. I can't help but feel like I'm the one to blame for that..

"Rick, I'm sorry for keeping you up all night"
"Huh? Oh- oh no- that-that's not your fault baby" he said putting a hand on my thigh as he spoke
I paused for a second, froze in place after hearing the man call me baby.. I just met the guy..

I laughed nervously "thank you for looking after me sir."

"It was my pleasure" he said sarcastically

"I should.. go now" I said getting up

"Oh- yea- uh- comeback soon..." he said
"I'll think about it." I said grabbing my portal gun off his desk.

"No, seriously.. we should grab a drink sometime.. I mean it."

I walked back towards him "you're cute" I smiled pinching his cheek

He smiled slightly and put his hand around my waist pulling me in closer "all you baby"

I smiled looking into his eyes and he began to lean in.

"Alright! I should get going" I said turning around and walking towards the door.

"Right." Rick said

I giggled "again I can't thank you enough for looking after me. I can't imagine what would've happened if I fell into the wrong hands"

"You're welcome" he said turning back to his shelf as he looked for stuff.

"Ok- uh- I'm off now.. thank you Rick.. I hope I see you again.."

"Yea."

I shot my portal gun at a wall and saw my house on the other side. I looked at Rick and then back at the portal. Rick was occupied with whatever he was searching for. I looked at him once more before finally stepping through. I didn't look back. I stood in front of the portal as it closed behind me.
Home sweet home..