Chapter 4

Stiles' POV

The rest of the ride was quiet as Stiles allowed what he'd said to sink in for both Stefan and Klaus. He continued to think about escape plans but shot them all down for various reasons but mainly because he noticed two other cars that were keeping up with the car they were in, probably more vampires, there was no way he would make it far if he even tried to run.

On the way to their destination, that Klaus decided to stay quiet about, they stopped several times for food for both him and the vampires that he had found himself surrounded by. Klaus never let Stiles out of his eyesight even when he was eating, which caused Stiles to become highly uncomfortable every time.

They stopped at motels several times too, as Klaus want to ruin the surprise of where they were going. Klaus allowed Stiles to use a laptop once to email his school saying an emergency had come up and he wouldn't be in for a while and to email Lydia and Danny that a supernatural emergency had come up, that he was fine, and he would get in touch with them the moment he could.

Luckily, they decided to grab Stiles' bag when they kidnapped him as it had his extra Adderall medication in it. Otherwise, he may have been worse than he was. Stiles could tell he was getting on Klaus' last nerve.

They had been on the road for a few hours before Klaus finally pulls over and stops the car gesturing for them both to get out the car. As Stiles gets out of the car, he looks around to take in his new surroundings. He stops however when he feels a hand grab his arm.

"I wouldn't even think about running if I were you, you wouldn't get far" Klaus says towering over Stiles despite only being an inch taller than the brunette.

Stiles just nods his head and lets himself get dragged over towards Stefan while holding his tongue from saying something that will likely get him killed.

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan. Klaus says while still holding on tightly to the confused Stiles.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan says slightly exasperated at being brought to yet another place.

"Excellent question, I would love to know the same thing" Stiles exclaims looking up at Klaus expectantly.

"I know how much you loved it here", Klaus tells Stefan completely ignoring the little researcher in his grasp. "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?"

"Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are a blur."

The answer doesn't really surprise Stiles, every vampire has killed someone. Blood is the price you pay to be part the supernatural world. Although is does make Stiles' curiosity heighten, what with Stefan being the first ripper that he's ever met.

"Well, that's a crying shame. The details are what make it legend." Klaus says with a slight smirk appearing on his face. "Word was the ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition. Everything was off limits then, which made everything so much fun."

Hearing that several emotions arose in Stiles. Fear at being near not one but two of the most prolific killers in history, curiosity at learning what the 1920's was really like from someone living at the time and intrigue about why Klaus seemed almost gleeful, like he knows the story of Stefan's time in Chicago when it seems even Stefan himself can't remember.

"Chicago was magical"

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it."

For some reason that sentence starts to send a niggling feeling into the back of Stiles' head. There is something that he's not remembering.

"Going to get down to business, then?"