Ch. 1 - "Flashes of Regret."

"Now I'm curious to know what's so interesting about the ground for you to keep staring at it."

The indigo haired male grumbled curses beneath his breath, embarrassed upon realizing you caught him zoning out again.

A lighthearted chuckle left your lips at his reaction before you began to distribute the cards you've been shuffling.

"It's nothing worth mentioning."

Yeah right, he was reminiscing the past again. "As expected."

You rose a brow. "Really? Surely there must be something you wanna get off your chest. I don't mind listening."

He groaned. "Fucks sake, what got you super interested all of a sudden?"

"Don't give me that, we barely talk even though we've known eachother for over a week now." You pouted.

When he opened his mouth to protest, you lifted a finger up to shush him.

"Ah, ah, ah. Don't act like you didn't bring me with you to get to know me! It'd be weird if you were the only one getting info about me."

He scoffed. "Wow, is that what you think this is? Trading information?"

"Better to be safe than sorry." You winked. He stared at you in disbelief.

"Are you implying that you wouldn't mind sleeping with a criminal?"

You deadpanned. "If I didn't know they were one, dummy. I'm offended you think that low of me."

"And do you think I'm a criminal?"

Suddenly, you halted from passing him the last card. He could feel you eyeing him closely, mainly his face.

You watched as he flushed under your intense gaze, gulping as your (e/c) eyes scanned him.

He should be more focused at the fact that he didn't know what the shit you were doing because this was the first time he saw you do this, but instead...

Fuck, did he usually blush like this before and he didn't notice?

What the fuck. This was so embarrassing.

You watched as he pulled his blue hat down to cover his face, a small smile making it's way to your face at the cute reaction before you dropped the last card and discarded the remaining in a stack beside you two.

"What the hell were you staring at me for?"

"Mmm, nothing." You chuckled softy, picking up your own cards and checking what you got. He did the same.

"Did you tamper with the cards or something? My deck is so shit."

"I don't cheat, c'mon now."

As he was about to roll the dice, he felt your stare at him again. He grunted in feigned annoyance, not used to you staring at him.

"If you've got something to say, spill it. Quit staring at me like a lost puppy." Which was ironic, coming from him.

You leaned back, biting your cheek, contemplating whether you should say what's on your mind or not.

Eventually, you decided to spit it out.

"You're really beautiful, has anyone ever told you that?"

He seized up, eyes so wide they could rival saucers. If it weren't for his hat covering your view, you'd be able to see him gripping the cards as a deep shade of red bloomed on his face.

You noticed his silence and held back a laugh at the idea that you managed to fluster him this much.

"Hey, are you alri-"