CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: REKINDLING WITH HIM

CHICAGO, IL

~ KAYDENCE YOUNG ~

"So what you think you having gang?" Kyree turned his head towards me. "I don't know." I shrugged my shoulders. Kyree and I was still sitting in the car outside of his mom's house. 

It was getting late, and I started to get hungry. Kyree reached over to put his hand on my belly. "I think it's a boy." Kyree said. 

"It could be a girl." My stomach started to growl while his hand was on it. "You hungry?" Kyree asked. I nodded my head. "We can go get something to eat. It don't matter. My treat though." Kyree moved his hand, and placed it on his chest. 

I smiled lowly. "Okay." I pressed the button to start my car up. I shifted the gears from park to drive. "If we having a boy I want a Jr. And for a girl we gone name her Kaylen or Kayden." Kyree implied baby names. 

"Kayden is a unisex name. So technically the baby could have Kayden for either gender." I snickered at Kyree, as I drove to Portillo's. For some reason I had a craving for an italian beef dipped with cheese. 

"Yeah ight. I'm getting my Jr if it's a boy." Kyree sassed. I rolled my eyes playfully. I blinked my eyes realizing that what if the baby isn't Kyree's? He's already getting super attached. He said, despite the baby isn't his, he was still gonna' take care of it like it's his. 

I need a day with Anye to help me think this whole thing through. "I have a question..." I looked over at Kyree. 

"Are you really gonna' be a father figure to the baby if it isn't yours?" I asked him curiously. He nodded his head. "Yeah no doubt. You was there for me when nobody was around when I was down. So yeah." He say that now but it won't be the same when the time comes. 

I brushed that thought off once we got to the drive thru. "Hey. I got you." Kyree put his hand on top of mine. I blinked my eyes at our hands before looking back at the menu. I was gonna' order our food but Kyree ordered for me. 

He's really trying to woo me back. It's working a little bit. When we got our food I took us to a park so we could eat. It wasn't on no date type of thing. But Kyree thought otherwise. 

As I ate my sandwich, I watched the kids play, and their parents watching them. "That's finna' be us soon." Kyree said with a laugh as he nudged over towards the kids. 

I sighed, not saying a word. He really is making this hard. Because Ima' feel real bad if this baby isn't his. Maybe I should wait before getting a DNA test to see and bond with both potential fathers. 

What am I thinking...? Maybe I shouldn't I at all. 

God I don't know what to do. I'm losing my mind. I felt my hand being grasped on to. I looked down Kyree was holding my hand. At first I wanted to move it away but I allowed it just this once. 

Kyree and I talked at the park. But while we were talking I was thinking. Von is happy with Asian why shouldn't I be happy? If not Kyree, maybe someone else. "It's getting late. We should be going." Kyree spoken, making me look at the sunset. 

"Okay I'll take you home." I was about to start the car up. "But first let me ask this..." Kyree began to say. "Where did I go wrong with you?" Kyree asked curiously. 

I stared at him a bit as I wanted to press start. "What do you mean?" 

"Ever since I got robbed while I was in jail me and you ain't been the same." Kyree pointed between us. "We was in a 50/50 relationship that turned into a 75% relationship. So yeah shit happens." 

"You think I was depending on you too much?" Kyree asked. I nodded my head. "Yes, I did. And our relationship started to be toxic. Us breaking up, getting back together was too much. And the disrespect with you using my car, not picking me up on time, yes it was a lot Kyree." 

He looked away. I guess remembering all those things he did. I wasn't perfect neither especially fucking on his opp but that one thing against all of the things he did shouldn't be shit compared. But my forbidden fruit might be unforgivable. 

"I'm changed though. Im' tryna' get right on my feet without all that gang shit. Getting shot made my life flash before me. With this baby on the way really helped me get some shit straight. I'm tryna' live and see my baby walk across the stage and be somebody." Listening to Kyree you would believe everything he say. But being with him for two years makes me think actions speak louder than words. 

I haven't hear him speak on anything that's gang related so that might actually be true. "Did you ever get to see who shot you?" 

"Nah I was too busy tryna' run from whoever it was. He was wearing all black with a ski mask couldn't tell." I blinked my eyes at his response. Even my stomach dropped. Von was wearing all black but when he came back he had a different set of clothes. I never saw him with a ski mask. Maybe he was going out for something else. 

I really don't think it was him. Has to be someone else even though Von did looked as if he was up to no good. I'm not gonna' think it was him though. He could've put on something quick to go to a photoshoot or something. 

I brushed that speculation off quickly. After, our conversation I took Kyree home but he didn't wanna' leave me just yet. He continued talking to me as we were sitting outside of his mom's house. 

At one point he just stared at me. "What Kyree?" I asked with a laugh nervously. "You are beautiful with a good head on yo' shoulders. I wish I could've seen that for myself with you in my life instead of without you." I stared at him examining his face to see if he meant it. And he did. 

Little did I know after that we stared at each other before we both leaned in. Our lips finally connected. My eyes were open in our kiss but I closed them despite realizing what I was doing. 

Our kiss deepened as he climbed across the seat to hover over on top of me. I leaned my seat back so he could carefully adjust himself with his knee. I felt his hand swipe across my belt buckle. I grabbed his hand stopping him. 

"N-not right now." I said in between kisses. Kyree stopped kissing me, and looked down at my eyes. I could tell he wanted to devour me in my car but I will feel real bad and dirty sleeping with him as I could be pregnant with someone else's child. 

He nodded his head, sighing as he got off of me. He licked his lips as he grabbed the latch to open the door. "I had fun wit' chu' gang. Maybe next time we could go out somewhere nice again. I know you liked that restaurant last time." Yeah and Von showed his ass! 

"Huh?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. I blinked my eyes, shaking my head. "Um yeah. We could do that." I nodded my head, brushing the thought off. We will go somewhere out of Von's blind spot. Even though I don't like his girlfriend but I hope her ass keep him on lock while I do me. 

He can't have his cake and eat it too. And besides what Kyree and I are doing is none of his business. And it's not like I'm tryna' get back with him. I'm just experimenting with one of my potential fathers. That's all. 

"Bet. But can I get one more kiss before I get out cho' car?" Kyree asked, with his charming smile. "Sure." I snickered lowly before leaning towards him to curve him for a kiss on the cheek. 

He smacked his lips, laughing realizing what I did. "Goodnight Kyree." I blinked my eyes with a small flirtatious smile. "Goodnight Kay." He said, before getting out of my car. 

I watched him closely seeing if he needed any help but it seems like he's getting stronger by the day with his injuries. 

He's doing a lot better and I'm happy for him. I hope it's for the greater good and not me. But knowing him it's probably me. 

Feedback?