CHAPTER EIGHT: I LIKE YOU

CHICAGO, IL

~ DAYVON BENNETT | KING VON ~

I couldn't sleep. I just watched Kay sleep. On bro' I didn't think I was gone be in too deep with shorty but I like her. It's already fucked up that I'm fucking with the opps bitch. I mean at first it was for get back but I'm really feeling shorty. Ain't no telling how long she gone stop feeling me. Especially since I don't know if I put her nigga in a body bag or not.

"Mm why you not sleep?" Kay shifted in her sleep. She grasped on to my torso tighter. "I can't right now lil' folks. Got these demons fucking with me right now."

"Well what's wrong?" She blinked her eyes to look up at me. Her voice was so soft. "I got a lot on my mind."

"I'm here. What's up?" I laughed at her reaction. She was fully awaken by that answer. I just looked down at her. She was still in the same position seeming that she was waiting for my answer. "Damn so what you tryna' make me tell you?"

"Yeah I'm waiting." Kay blinked her eyes and rolled her neck a little. "Don't be rolling yo' neck at me."

She rolled her eyes and laughed while putting her hand in my face. "Anyways Von... Is you gone tell me?" Kay asked. Instead of telling her what happened I rather say something to distract her. "I like you."

"What?" Kay started laughing in shock. "Von you told me that before." She said, while still laughing. "What? I ain't tell you I liked you before." I laughed with her because I knew she was capping.

"Yes you did but I think you was playing then." Her laughter ended with a smile. "I'm serious this time. But on da' guys if I like you I'm letting you know." Kay Kay rubbed my dreads out of my face then she leaned up to kiss me on my lips. Kay didn't say anything afterwards but laid down in her same spot. I think the feelings are mutual. It better be.

"I like you too Von." She said with a small laugh. Her laughter died down once my phone started vibrating on my nightstand. "It's almost 4 o'clock in the morning who calling you?" Kay questioned in a sassy tone.

I leaned back from her grasp to get my phone. It was Kema. "Why the fuck Booka calling so late? I'll call his ass back. Shit." I silenced her call and sat it back on the nightstand. But Kay was watching my every move making me side eye her.

"It better have been Booka." She said. "It better have? Shit we ain't together yet shorty." I say, playfully.

"Mhm." She rolled her eyes ready to turn away from me but I stopped her. "I'm just playing wit' chu' lil' folks. You mine shorty." I wrapped her arms back around me. She just looked at me with her side eyes. "Oh now I'm yours."

"Yeah and you let me know that last night too." I say, to make her laugh. "Whatever. I was... dickmatized." Kay rolled her eyes then burst out of laughter. I laughed with her too. "Nah you wasn't you was dead serious."

"Mm mm." Kay bit her bottom lip revealing her teeth and her one dimple. "I ain't finna' play games wit' chu'." I wrapped my hand around her neck and bit my bottom lip. "You mine?"

"Yes." Kay said, softly. "Yes what?"

"Yes Daddy." I smirked and chuckled. I pulled her close to me by her neck. I kissed her then I let her neck go. "Now go back to sleep... You talk too much." I chuckled jokingly.