1 To the waters and the Wild

My name is Ivy Silva.
This is a story of my life, how I found the truest of friends, how these friends saved the world with me, and how I finally got a father, after all these years.

It all started when I turned sixteen and I was expected to join other fairies on the Alfea academy in the Otherworld.

It was another year at Alfea, but my first year as an actual student. I've already knew all the staff, rules and other things. I just needed to fit in my student year. I was walking down the Alfea academy yard and just absorbing the academic energy, few times waving at students I already knew. They were older students that met me during their times at Alfea, as I was technically raised here. I noticed two specialists looking in my direction. I knew them, one was Sky, something like a step brother to me, and the other one was Riven, his best friend. Dickhead. I tried to act like I don't see them so I don't have to interact with them, but unfortunately, Riven.

,,Heyyooo, good to see you again, little one!" He shouted. ,,Don't call me like that, you make a prick out of yourself, it's getting old." I blurted out. ,,Oh, strong tongue as always." We exchanged bitchy faces. ,,How are you feeling? It's your first year." Sky asked. ,,Don't be a fool, you know this is my home. I don't have anything to be afraid of, right?" I asked nervously. Neither one of them replied, so it turned into an awkward silence moment. Untill Riven broke it. ,,WAIT. You're sixteen now, right? Does that mean....?" Sky punched him. ,,Not in your wildest dreams, dick." Riven put his arms in surrender gesture. ,,They are already wild enough, Sky." He started laughing and they fought a little bit. I just ignored them and head my way to the Winx suite.

When I finally got there, all my suitemates were there. I had my own room, which I was so happy about. I'm not really good at making friends, so I thought I will be able to just sneak around everyone unnoticed, and then-
,,IVY, FINALLY!" I heard a familiar voice. I turned around. ,,Hiii Terra, Dad's doing fine?" I smiled. Terra is an Earth fairy, her father is a teacher in this academy. ,,Yeah, Sam's doing well too, I literally couldn't wait to have you in school, so I want to give you this present." She turned around to grab something. ,,Let me guess, a flower?" She turned back with a pot and a nice purple flower. ,,Yes! It's a lavender, it reminds me of you, it smells really nice and many people use its products for relax and to calm their nerves. Just like you do." She smiled, giving me the pot. Not gonna lie, Terra is a good girl but I am really not into socializing. I helped her a few times in a greenhouse or I talked to her when she was free. ,,Thanks, actually this was my mom's favorite. It's nice from you, really." I turned back to my room to put my bags and that pot in it.

Me and all my suitemates gathered in our "living room". There was also Stella, the princess of Solaria. Same year as Terra. Stella was dating Sky last year but then they broke up, i guess. Then a girl with headphones and two girls from another room, we somehow got introduced, the headphones' girl was Musa, Mind fairy, they might get annoying sometimes, as they reveal your true feelings and emotions to everyone, but it's actually a burden. Then those other girls were Aisha, a Water fairy that looked so athletic, she said she swims at least twice a day! Ew, movement. The last girl was Bloom, we learned that she's from the Firstworld, and her parents are human.

I feel like the introducing went pretty fine, so we all went to the main hall to a little gathering. We started gossiping about an incident that occured the day before the school started. One sheep farmer was found dead, by Riven, behind the Barrier of Alfea. The Barrier is supposed to protect us from The Burned Ones. They are creatures we are basically training against. If they even scratch us.... It's the end. They infect us and after some time.... You become one of them.

Students were gossiping about the sheep farmer being murdered by one of those. I didn't hear anything else, as I was distancing from everyone else, just standing in the corner, looking at my phone and pretending like I never existed.