Chapter 1: *STELLARLUNE SPOILER ALERT*

requested by: Crestfall123

DISCLAIMER: All characters belong to Shannon Messenger.

FYI: this is from stellarlune. if u haven't read it already and dont want spoilers, u can skip ahead!

*waits*

*waits some more*

*waits even more*

ok, so hopefully the meg 2.0 ppl (aka ppl who dont like spoilers) r gone (yall who read toa will get it). and sorry i havent been on as much! it's winter break's  fault. also this is almost exactly what shannon messenger has written ("almost" since it's in lord hunkyhair's pov instead of lady fos-boss's), so everything in this chapter belongs to shannon, starting . . . now.

Keefe was sitting alone next to Verdi's pasture, drawing more of his memories, but he was getting no closer to finding the clue. He looked up for a moment and saw Sophie, but she seemed to be squeezing her eyes shut. He sighed. No distractions to help him today.

He refocused on his sketch, trying to make the shade of green darker, when out of nowhere, Silveny swooped out of the sky and landed next to him, flapping her wings and stamping her hooves and letting out an exuberant whinny. He laughed and stroked her nose.

The next morning, Keefe was pacing under the swaying branches of the Panakes tree. He snapped his fingers and tried saying some things in his mother's voice that might bring something back from the void.

"The star only rises at Nightfall!"

"Stellarlune is my legacy!"

"You would have a queen!"

Nothing appeared from the void—but Keefe was determined to figure it out.

And when he tried a particularly bitter "I will destroy my son!" he gave up—for now. He'd still try later.

Keefe felt a little less gloomy when Sophie checked on him after school that afternoon. He was going to ask her to stay and "talk", but he chickened out and asked her if she thought it was weird that Ro hadn't shown up yet instead. And he could feel that Sophie had actually been getting a little worried about that.

Sophie soon went back inside, so Keefe decided to get some sleep. The next morning, Sophie wasn't awake, so he tried some more phases his mother could've used to hide something in the void. He even asked Silveny to fly him around in there, hoping to find something. No such luck. Later, he left to go train with Grady. It was late night by the time they finished, so he headed straight for bed.

He overslept that morning, so he missed Sophie when she left for Foxfire. He decided to do another day of flying around in the void with Silveny. He spent the next few hours there, but nothing happened. He got out soon, tired of repeating phrases and snapping his fingers.

Later, all his friends stopped by for a visit. As they sat together, Keefe placed himself between Sophie, because . . . well, the reason was pretty clear; and Fitz, so no one would find it suspicious. As the group talked, he just kept his head down and went over a list of things he'd accomplished over the week (sneak peek of the list: there was nothing on it!). He mentally sighed, hoping to get at least one thing accomplished by the end of the week.

Keefe payed attention when Dex talked about human food, though. He had everyone cracking up with stories about the horrors of beans on toast, and the cheesy wonder of Welsh rarebit. And how he'd searched high and low for the elusive Ding Dongs he'd heard about—and when he finally got to take a glorious bite, he . . . wasn't sure the creamy center actually counted as edible.