Heat

TW: Blood, graphic/violent depictions.

Parker's POV:

I opened my eyes to a dark room, a cast free arm, and unbearable heat. My stomach clenched in pain and an involuntary groan left my mouth. I quickly looked around me and noticed I was alone. Based on the amount of sweat coating my body, I would say I was on at least day 3 of my heat, meaning I had been out for a while. I forced myself up and off the bed. I went to head for the bathroom when a sharp pain rang through my abdomen.

I let out a shout of pain and collapsed to my knees. I quietly gasped for air as I tried to make my body loosen up from where it had tensed with pain. I laid down on my side and curled up into a ball. Percy forced himself forward when the door to the room opened. I looked up, trying to keep my body movement to a minimum. Ryan walked into the room and allowed Ryker to come forwards as soon as he saw my eyes.

"You're awake."

I blinked and pulled Percy back even though he grumbled a bit. "Make it stop." I whispered.

"Okay..." He stepped closer and shut the door behind him. "Not gonna attack me again?"

"Again?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Percy attacked me yesterday."

"D-Did he hurt you?"

"I'm healed... mostly."

"I'm... I'm sorry." I gasped.

"It's not your fault that he copied Derek's Aura. We knew it was a possibility that you could pass as an Alpha. Just didn't expect to be mauled by him."

"Wha-... What did he do?" My voice shook with emotion and pain.

"You were out for a while, suddenly he had taken over your body and he tried to boss me and Ryker around. I refused and Percy lashed out. Full on attack mode. Like when you almost went feral. This time he actually fully attacked and didn't stop until Derek and your Dad managed to pull you off me."

Ryan turned the lamp in the room on and I took in a sharp breath as I noticed the scarring on his arm and throat. It was already light pink and would probably be gone by morning but my jaw dropped.

"Oh my god. I almost killed you."

"I'm fine. I'm actually an Alpha, I heal better than most. If I wasn't... that'd be a different story."

"Y-you have to leave." Tears filled my eyes.

"You're in heat? Already on day three. Why would I leave?" He looked confused.

I grunted in pain as I pushed myself off the floor. I could barely stand up straight. "I almost killed you. I can't.. I don't even remember it. I can't mate with you when I can see what I did." I shook my head. The panic was already bubbling up in my chest.

"Hey, Hey, I'm okay." He stepped towards me and carefully placed his hands on my bare arms.

I sighed in relief as the pain reduced. "I tried to kill you."

"No. Percy did." He shook his head.

With how close he was I could easily see each individual claw mark on his arms and that Percy had attempted to make him submit by piercing his throat with his claws. Like most Alpha's do. Percy had dragged his claws over Ryan's throat though, to the point it looked like he tried to rip his throat out.

"Wh... Why would he do that? He knows you're our mate." My bottom lip wobbled as I stared transfixed at the scars on his neck.

"He wanted total control over everything and he didn't get it so he lashed out. It's no different to when I first became an Alpha and lashed out at people. I may not have hurt them the way he did but Percy seems to think that being an Alpha entails making people fear you. Which is why he's not really an Alpha. I am okay. I promise."