part 7- always watching

While Lacy spent her morning in the bright sunlight which beamed through the windows of her apartment, Spencer had to deal with the gloom of the FBI office.

He had a somewhat restless night filled with what-if questions that carried a daunting sense of hopelessness. Watching the girl whom he had tried to convince himself that he carried no feeling for with another man, welcoming him inside her home with a warm hug, brewed an unknown pot of jealousy within him.

He knew, deep down, that there was nothing he could do with his feelings but still, they lingered within him as he arrived at the office the next morning.

"Hey Pretty Boy," Spencer looked up to Derek with a frown, "What's with the long face?"

"It's nothing," He replied, bypassing his friend and making a v-line for his desk. Agent Morgan, however, was relentless.

"Is this about Pretty Girl, huh?" He replied, peaking up the interest of Reid's desk neighbour.

"Has Spencer got a Pretty Girl?" Emily lifted her head, looking at Spencer's face of disappointment.

"I do not, don't start Morgan." He warned him.

"Why are you so cranky?" Emily asked, standing up and coming around to Spencer's desk in concern.

"Because Morgan knows nothing about women." He spoke, the look of shock that appeared on Derek's face was blinding.

"Now hold on, I know a lot about women. I know things that your ears are too innocent to hear," He rolled his eyes, Emily seeming to be done with his cocky demeanour.

"Why don't you make yourself useful and go get us some coffee, huh?" Emily spoke, leading Morgan to walk away from the pair with a grin on his face, "Reid, did you ask Morgan for relationship advice?"

"Maybe," He spoke, a gross look of regret dawning over his face.

"Idiot." She laughed, leaning against his wooden desk, crossing her arms and looking down at him. "What do you need to know?"

"I met this girl, she moved into an apartment on my floor. I don't know her name, I call her D2 and she calls me D4. I don't know if there is something there or not, it's confusing," He explained to her as she listened intently.

"Well Reid, if it's that confusing that it's affecting your mood like this, you need to think if it is really worth it," She advised him.

"Still, yesterday I heard some noise from her apartment and when I went out, she was hugging another guy. She said it was her friend from college and he was there with a kid. I'm not sure though," He explained. Emily let out a small chuckle.

"Oh my god, Reid you were jealous! You clearly like her, why not see where it goes?" Emily seemed to get through to him slightly.

Before any further wisdom could be offered, they saw Hotch walking towards Reid's desk.

"You two are heading to Colorado, we received a phone call from what appears to be a child within the Separatarain Sect with reports of child abuse. You'll go undercover as child abuse victim experts, it should be a quick case." He explained to the pair.

"Just us?" Reid asked.

"That is correct, you should get ready to leave."

With that, they took to plane to Colorado and met a young social worker named Nancy. The case would stir trouble in a matter of hours, trouble which found its way into Lacy's living room.

"We are reporting to you live from La Plata County, Colorado, where a shootout is underway between the FBI and members of the religious organization known as the Separatarain Sect." Lacy had let the TV play and listened from her kitchen as she brewed her morning cup of coffee.