3

I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote the first part, but I love it.

***

Red Robin stands before me, a kind smile on his face.

"You must be hungry! Here!"

He then proceeds to pull a whole cooked chicken from his belt. I stare, wide eyed. What. The. Fuck. That's just... no.

"And a drink!"

HOW DID THE WATER STAY IN THE GLASS!?!?!

"And the ground looks uncomfortable, you need a bed, don't you?" I gape in horror as he reaches for his belt and-

- I wake with a gasp, bolting up right, only to sag in relief. It was just a dream.

"Danny?" I screech, which is actually more of a wheeze because of my fucked up throat. Speaking of, that 'screech' sends me into a coughing fit. "Shit! You ok?"

I hold a hand up to halt his step towards me as I catch my breath. Once I do, I send Red Robin a glare for scaring me, before turning it on his belt for being impossible.

"... Danny?" I sigh and reluctantly pull my eyes from his belt to send him a questioning look. "I know you don't trust me, but you really shouldn't be out here alone and you need professional medic-"

I narrow my eyes at him with a huff.

"Danny..."

I turn and run. I don't hear anyone follow.

&&&

I was floating above the city, invisible, looking for crime when the burner phone hood gave me rings in my pocket. I jump at the sudden noise before pulling it out and fumbling a little when I almost drop it.

"Hello?" I say once I finally manage to answer the call.

"Hey kid, you busy?"

"Nnnnoooo?"

"Good, I'm sending you an address, meet me there."

&&&

"Mr Hood!" I whisper yell, my throat still not healed, as I pop up from the ground.

"Hey kid," Hood replies, not even a little startled, the asshole. "I can't call you kid forever you know, you gonna give me your name?"

"I'm Phantom!"

"Right. Can you check out that warehouse without being seen?"

He nods to a warehouse next to the one we're on the roof of.