three

ELEANOR DIDN'T hear from Lando until the next morning, when her phone chirped with a text message right as she'd settled down on the large L-shaped couch in the living room, her laptop on the coffee table in front of her and Elizabeth, affectionat...

ELEANOR DIDN'T hear from Lando until the next morning, when her phone chirped with a text message right as she'd settled down on the large L-shaped couch in the living room, her laptop on the coffee table in front of her and Elizabeth, affectionately called Lizzy, a beautiful Siamese cat, one of the two she was taking care of, curled up against her hip. She had just finished working on the last of the chapters she had to send in before the end of the day when her phone dinged.

((( unknown number )))
hi love! It's lando :)
Are you possibly free for lunch today?

Eleanor's heart began to race, inhaling so sharply that Lizzy's head snapped up and crystal blue eyes gazed at her curiously. Eleanor laughed, gently tickling behind the Siamese's ear before turning back to her phone. She suddenly felt nervous, what if today they saw each other and they had lost their magic?

She'd spent all of yesterday evening trying to process what had happened—the tour and the laughs they'd shared, but even more so the kiss that had had her knees weak to the point she came home and couldn't get it out of her mind. With a hum, Eleanor started typing a response in which she happily stated that she was, indeed, free.

Seconds later, a response chirped in with a location tag and a "see you here at 1 beautiful" which had her heart melting all over again. That was, until she realised it was already 12 and she'd been working on the couch all morning in her pyjamas and desperately needed to wash her hair. Quickly, she got up from the couch, disturbing Lizzy and apologising profusely for it in the process, and rushed towards the bathroom.

LANDO HAD been sitting patiently for five minutes. It wasn't in his nature to be early, yet here he was. He was desperately trying to keep his leg still, but every so often when his thoughts floated away, he was brought back to earth by the items on the table clinking due to his overly excited leg.

He had ordered a water and was sipping it sparingly, as the minutes ticked by on the clock opposite him. Of course he had taken the seat in front of the clock—as if his nerves weren't already on a rampage.

"I'm so sorry, I couldn't find the restaurant and before I knew it I'd been walking in circles," A sweet voice spoke up from behind him, and Lando turned in his seat to glance at the gorgeous woman he'd only officially met yesterday. His stomach lurched at the sight of her: dark hair curled in loose ringlets down her shoulders wearing light washed denim jeans and a lace corset top, of which the scarlet colour perfectly complimented her pale skin.

Eleanor took a seat in front of Lando, slinging her purse over the back of the seat. "I really am sorry," she said once again. He could tell she was, by the worried scrunch of her eyebrows and the way the right corner of her lips was downturned.

Lando reached out and took her hand in his, his spine straightening with the sudden buzz of electricity that shot straight through him when they touched. He smiled, happy it hadn't faded over the day they hadn't seen each other. "It's okay, I promise. I was only waiting for ten minutes."