𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 🐝

Start from the beginning

"Also don't you have an older brother? Tsukishima?" Ikkei quirks an eyebrow as he remembered the last name. Y/n beamed at the mention of her brothers, "Yep I've got two! Aki-nii and Kei-nii. Aki-nii used to be a part of Karasuno's volleyball team, while Kei-nii is currently on the team as a middle blocker." she proudly boasted.

"Hmm I think I remember having a Tsukishima on my team before. I guess volleyball runs through the family." Ikkei hums before crossing his arms together. He then nods towards the little girl, "How about you kid? Got any interests in this sport?"

Y/n's eyes brighten as she excitedly nods her head. "I super duper loooveee volleyball! I wanted to be the best volleyball player out there when I grow up!" she said with pure determination in her voice. "Just like my brothers!"

Ikkei lets out a booming laugh, completely amused by the little girl's determination. Y/n blinks in confusion, "Why are you laughing? It's going to be true! Believe it!" she said with slight annoyance laced on her voice.

The older man stops laughing as he ruffles roughly the top of the head of the little girl, who staggered backwards slightly before finally finding her balance. "I like you kid. You've got spunk." He said before kneeling down to the little girl's height.

"Let me ask you a question, where does your love for volleyball come from?" He asked her.

She tilts her head in confusion before shrugging innocently, "Um I dunno? Probably from fun?"

"EHNK, no you're wrong. It comes from passion." Ikkei shook his head. "And where does your passion come from? It comes from here." He added as he points his index finger towards where her heart is.

Y/n subconsciously places a hand over her beating heart. "In here?" she asked with an unsure voice.

"Yes in there." He nods in confirmation before opening his mouth to continue. "Listen here squirt一"

"ー it's Y/n." she interjected, narrowing her eyes slightly at the old man.

"Whatever kid一" He waves off his hand and continued, "if you wanted to go big one day, always remember to never lose that fire in you."

"I've been coaching for the past 45 years of my life and I've seen a lot of amazing players that has a wicked skill for volleyball, but most of them quitted as they suddenly lose their interest in the sport. Many things had happened and it wasn't a easy journey for everone. Some continued their passion, while some gave up in volleyball and thrived for another career, which is fine because it's a part of growing up.

There will be times that you would win, and there would be times that you would lose but that's okay because losing isn't a bad thing. Just because you lose doesn't mean it's the end for you. It will only push you to become better. And one day, you will know that you really made it." Ikkei told her.

"Why are you telling me this?" Y/n hesitantly asked as she watched the old man stood up from the ground and sighs as he looked up at the orange and yellow color painted in the skies.

"I dunno... But something tells me that you're going to go big one day." Ikkei averts his eyes from the skies and smiles down at the kid. "You don't look like the type of kid that would easily run away from a challenge." he finished.

Y/n felt her heart pound loudly as she realized that the old coach believed in her一 he didn't ridicule her for having a ridiculous dream but he chose to believe on her no matter how small that chance would be. She immediately broke a smile on her face as she looked at the old man in another ray of light.

"You can count on me then. I'm going to be the best female volleyball player in the world and I will make sure my name be known everywhere. Believe it!" Y/n exclaimed, giving him an eyesmile as she raised a fist up in the sky.