13.0 | Week of Bliss

Spencer's POV

Monday

"That block I put on number 52 was crazy," Lando says as I drink my Gatorade. "Next game, I'm blocking their five star recruit. Knocking him on his ass!"

My teammates applaud him as they exchange macho handshakes. But I don't partake as I opt to stare two tables away.

I shoot her a tiny wave, followed by a smile and a wink.

She giggles before waving at me and I wait until her friends leave before walking over to her.

"You look beautiful, as always," I say.

"Thank you," she responds before looking down at her cell phone.

"Is everything good?" I ask and she shrugs.

"My mom's been texting me a lot today. But I'm just sort of over trying with them." She says and I decide to move next to her.

My hand latches to hers under the table in comfort and she smiles.

"I'm sorry for always having drama," she whispers.

"Nah, don't ever be sorry for being yourself," I make her promise. "We all go through shit."

She smiles at my reassurance and I smile right back before we both hear the bell ring.

Tuesday

Tuesday

I walk home after practice and I think about a few plays I could've made before I see Olivia's window.

The conversation about meeting her friend at the Gamma party has yet to find its way into my mouth when I see her. Partially because I'm just too scared it'll interrupt what we're building. And also because I haven't heard from her friend.

Maybe it meant nothing to her like it meant nothing to me. Maybe she won't even remember what happened between us by the time we officially meet and I'm standing hand and hand with her friend.

My eyes glance over to Olivia's window and my curiosity enables me to text her. I slow down my pace in hopes she comes outside and I'm clearly the luckiest man in the world as her front door opens.

She walks over to me with FeFe by her side as I greet her with a hug.

"How was practice?" She asks.

"Practice is practice! But I was thinking about you. And how tomorrow is my mom's Thanksgiving give-away at the nursing home."

"Aww—- that's sweet!" She responds and I figured she would think so.

"I wanted to know if you would come with me this year," I ask and she smiles before shaking her head yes and hugging me.

Wednesday

"It's nice to meet you, cutie!" My mom says and Olivia blushes. "So you're the reason my son takes out the trash five times a day now?"