Prologue

WARNING this book contains foul language.

This book does have the big gay in it. If you don't like it,then please leave.

Oh this dose contain a mention of homophobia. Just warning you.

And I'm only writing this message because if I don't, people will complain.

Luz's POV

The rain pounded down hard onto me as I worked.

What was I working on? Getting these damn vampire ashes off my boots.

Sigh,it was a long day of tracking down vampires,and killing them. A long,long,long day of killing.

I had no idea so many vampires would be out tonight! Tch,it's like they're doing this on purpose or something!

" Hey Luz! Is that the last bloodsucker? " Gus asked appearing in front of me.

" Yeah,once we're done cleaning up,we can leave " I said not looking up at the smaller boy.

" Luz,are you sure we got everyone? I don't remember anyone telling me they killed the vampire queen Paisley " Gus said.

Nobody killed Paisley? Are you freaking kidding me! She was the whole point of this damn mission!

I stood up, stomping towards the other hunters. I'm pissed off.

" I was just told by Gus,that none of you killed the vampire queen Paisley. Is that true? " I growled, glaring at the hunters.

" N-No sir! Nobody slayed queen Paisley! " A hunter ( who's name I never bothered to remember) told me.

" Damn it! " I screamed, startling the other hunters.

" My,my,my,the famous hunter Luz has quite the temper. " A voice drawled, making me jump.

" Paisley! " Gus snarled pulling out his stake. " Don't come any closer! "

Paisley rolled her eyes a smirk slowly creeping onto her lips. " Is that anyway to treat a queen? Please don't tell me this is how you treat that asshole Belos? No wonder he's so cranky! "

" D-Don't call lord Belos that! " Gus growled at the feared queen.

" My,my,my, what a brave hunter. Certainly braver than those other hunters. Cowards. " Paisley growled shanking her head.

This so isn't good. Paisley is one of the three vampire queens. No, she's the moat powerful one out of the other two. The second powerful queen is Amity Blight. The third is well,dead now.

It's strange how Paisley isn't attacking us. Shouldn't she be slaughtering my men left and right?

" Oh relax,human " Paisley snapped. " I'm not going to slaughter your men. Hmph, although I'd be doing them a favor. Belos doesn't take kindly to cowards"

That sadly is the truth. Belos would probably slaughter all the hunters except Gus and I. Sigh.

I turned back to face Paisley, ignoring the hungry look in her eye. Has Paisley not been feeding? Hold on,why do I care? She's an all powerful vampire queen! She'll be fine. I hope.

" No I haven't fed today,if Sharon was alive she'd bite my head off. " Paisley sighed.

Right,I forgot Paisley could read minds. Must be useful. Though I do imagine it can be difficulty at times.

" It can be. But I've been practicing turning off my ability whenever I want. It has been difficult at times though " Paisley told me with a kind smile.