Part 10 - Epilogue

Magsimula sa umpisa

Y/n was at a loss, she wasn't sure what was up but there was something. Raph's been acting strange by the day, Jamie has been more standoff-ish and then Mikey's weird behavior has just been the icing on the cake. What was going on?

"My dear, is everything alright?" Master Splinter pawed her shoulder with a comforting gaze.

"Yes Master Splinter... I think," she gazed back towards the kitchen where her boys were being abnormally quiet.

"I think I need to go check—," her hands were fidgeting with her hoodie pocket.

"Oh no, my dear, they are alright. Let us go help April." He motioned towards the den where April was currently attempting to bend over to move presents aside. Despite the calm tone of Master Splinter, the way his paw moved from her shoulder to her back made it evident that he was not asking. She loved how subtle he was, and at times, she learned a few of his techniques to help handle Jamie when he became a little over zealous.

Y/n was sucked into the Christmas spirit as they assisted in getting everything ready and thoughts of her Raphael, Jamie and Mikey flew to the back burner.

Unbeknownst to her, back in the kitchen, Raphael was all but strangling Mikey to keep his blasted mouth shut long enough to not ruin the plan.

"C'mon Uncle Mikey, we need your help!" Jamie whined, kicked his small legs off the edge of the counter as he watched the brothers wrestle around the kitchen.

"Mike, I swear, if you ruin this for me I'm gonna kick your—," Raph wasn't able to finish his growled out threat as Jamie yelled at him.

"Raphie!" Jamie's small grumpy voice forced him to focus on the kid sitting on top the counter. His grumpy pout and knitted brow was too cute not to laugh at, which gave Mikey a chance to escape the large bara's grip and breathe with a gasping breath.

"Alright knucklehead, listen, this is what I need ya to do for me—." Raphael continued to explain and divulge the plan to both Mikey and Jamie as they both held each other to quieten their excitement.

"Now what do we have here?" Leonardo appeared, leaning against the doorway leading into the kitchen to see Mikey and Jamie holding each other tightly as Raphael tried to feign irritation with a slight smile on his face as he gripped the counter, head downcast.

"I told'em the plan," his honey bourbon eyes locked onto his eldest brother as Jamie and Mikey looked between the two brothers.

"What! You told Leo before me! Dude, what the hell! I'm your hype man!" Mikey's look of betrayal was soothed by Jamie hugging him tighter and sticking his tongue out at the large brute.

"He just happened—,"

"I walked in while he was talking to Donnie about it." Leo shrugged as he turned to grab a tea from the fridge, now fully invested in the plan.

Mikey's eyes blew wider than before, his jaw dropped and tears started to well up in his baby blues.

"Wha—,"

"Mike, look, I didn't wanna tell ya first because ya can't keep a secret when it comes to this kinda news. Remember what happened when Don and Ape were going to announce they were expectin'?" Mikey's jaw shut quickly as shame overtook his features and his eyes moved downcast. Yeah, I messed up on that one. Don gave me the cold shoulder and Ape faked a smile to be around me for a solid week before I caved and confronted them... Michelangelo was pushed from his reverie of everything that had transpired a few months ago, Jamie tapped him on the snout.

"Uncle Mikey," JJ cooed, a smile on his face, "I'm excited," Jamie whispered before tossing a look back towards Raph and Leo who were talking in whispers. Mikey's attention was brought back to the boy in his arms