𝐏𝐢𝐥𝗼𝐭

Start from the beginning

She huffed as she hit pause on her phone. "Can't a girl just be sad in peace? Dang!"

"I told you I did not trust that nigga. And I was right," Truth be told, she warned her sister about him years ago, but it was just out of love and wanting to protect her from the possibility of getting hurt. Seeing her intuitions turn out to be right didn't make her feel good inside, but only made her feel worse.

"Tell her I'm not hungry," Alexis replied as she stretched, only to lie back down on her bed.

"You can't keep doing this to yourself. Not eating and lying in bed all day is not going to solve your problems." Naveah argued as she sat down on the edge of the bed.

"It's been my go-to all summer. Now you gotta problem with it?" She said as she stuck in one airpod. She continued playing Summer Walker, but at a lower volume, still engaged in the conversation she was having with her sister.

"He moved on happily, and you should too. You wasting time crying over him when you could find someone better. Way better."

"I have moved on."

"Lie again. You've been playing Summer ALL Summer!"

"And have! But what's your point?"

"My point is that your senior year begins tomorrow and here you are moping around. The Lex I know would be planning how to show him what he's missing."

"How?" she said as she sat up in her bed.

Naveah quickly ran out of the room and came back with multiple bags. Ranging from Sephora to Zara, she took her time finding things that might cheer her sister up. And what better way to do that than to give her a makeover?

"If I agree to this, will you leave me alone?"

"I might."

"Fuck it. Let's do it. -Wait, can I shower first?"

"Not to be rude, but I was hoping you'd say that. Cause your pity party stinks." She said as she fanned her nose.

"Not too fucking much," Alexis replied with an eye roll.

𝟴:𝟯𝟰 𝗽𝗺

"Stop moving!" Naveah yelled as she finished applying the last lash. They have been at it for two hours now. Within those hours, Naveah pieced together an outfit, did her sister's makeup, and applied a lace front.

"I can't. The blow dryer's too fucking hot,"

"Girl hush! Look." The girl's sister finally spoke up, causing Alexis to look into the vanity mirror. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. It did not look like the girl who wanted to wear sweats and stay in all day anymore. She looked way better than that now, and that caused her to rock a smile.

"So?"

"I love it." Alexis replied, pulling her sister into a hug." Thank you for everything."

"You're welcome. I could tell you needed it. Just another one of my instincts. Plus, I figured I needed to have one good deed on my conscience before I go to college again."

"Damn so imma charity case?" Alexis asked.

"Pretty much." Her sister responded, which caused her to hit her sister's arm.

"Watch them hands, lil girl. I can pull that wig off faster than I can put it back on." Naveah warned.

"Please don't. Unless you want me to be sad again."

"You lucky I love you," Naveah said as she walked out of her sister's room and to her own.

"I love you too!" Alexis shouted after her.

Alexis made her way to her bathroom, which was connected to her room, and began preparing for her shower. As the water ran, she sank into her thoughts. She wondered if this makeover gave her the confidence to walk into senior year with her head held high. She also thought about what would happen if she saw him. Would she speak? Would he speak? Either way, she dreaded the outcomes of it all as she finally made her way into the shower. But not before turning on Summer Walker...

 But not before turning on Summer Walker

-𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘳𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘴... 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘺𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘴𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘳?

-𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘴 & 𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴💬 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘦𝘮 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 ->

𝘣𝘺𝘦 🦋,

𝘱𝘴 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬!

𝘱𝘴 𝘸𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬!