With this mindset, I set about my work in the dimly lit cage. I had various types of pliers in my kit, and I had used most of them by the time I was finished. I had started with fingernails, then when he still wouldn't speak I decided to hit a little closer to home. It was funny how tongues often loosened when there were fewer fucking teeth in the way. Sure enough, he talked. I felt a little disappointed, to be honest. I had just started to get warmed up. Each time I glanced at my audience throughout the ordeal they had been in the same position. Porsche had his back turned. He was the newest to this, after all, so I wasn't surprised. Big and Arm looked nauseated. Pete on the other hand, Pete was something else. He watched my every movement with clear eyes. He didn't look shocked or sickened. On the contrary, he seemed to be studying my methods carefully. His expression was distant, and I wanted to snap him back to the moment and ask him what he was thinking about.

    In an attempt to pull a reaction from him, I stepped closer to the bars that separated us, flashing the last molar I had removed like a trophy. Pete just kept looking at me in that same way which left me frustrated. I went back to examining the tooth. I had done a great job of pulling the root out as well, and I was admittedly a little proud.

    After getting cleaned up, I joined Pa in a private meeting with Uncle Korn and his right-hand man, Chan. Kinn joined us via tablet from his hospital room. He was pissed but trying to maintain his composure.

    We had learned that Don had been buying drugs from Big Wang, which was a direct threat to our business. We couldn't afford to have others encroaching on our territory. If we could remove the festering wound while embarrassing Kinn in front of his father, that was even better.

    I listened carefully as my father mollified Kinn, bragging that our family had connections which meant we were very much needed to ensure mission success. My father and I had worked all of this out before the meeting, and I was happy to see that Korn and Kinn had to fall in line for once. It meant that I might not get hit when I got home, for once. Shit, my Pa might even pour me a drink! I would have fainted if he ever did that.

    Kinn was helpless, watching through the small screen as I laid out my plan. The highlight of the meeting for me was explaining that I wanted to take Porsche on as my assistant for the mission. Kinn was so pissed off at the notion that if I lacked self-control I would have gotten a little stiff in my pants at the power rush. I really did enjoy taking things from him. I didn't dwell on that idea for too long, for I knew that was one of the least fucked up things about me. Uncle agreed that Porsche would help me, and Kinn looked like he was about to have an aneurysm. I probably added at least ten days to his hospital stay.

    I had briefed all my men before Porsche's imminent arrival. I wanted everything to seem chill. Happy. Welcoming.

    I donned one of my most enticing outfits: fitted black pants and a maroon crushed velvet shirt. I managed to wear that top in the intense heat through sheer willpower. It was one of my biggest brags I would never voice aloud. A real fuckboy power play on my part. I thrived off of that energy.

    My plans were immediately thrown off course when Porsche arrived. For a moment, it seemed great. I had been waiting for half an hour to greet him. Then, two other bodies climbed out of the car with him. It was Pete and that Arm guy again. Why didn't you just bring the whole fucking house? Seriously, didn't he know it was rude to invite other people when you were a guest yourself? At least Porsche had the common decency to look uncomfortable when he announced he hadn't come alone. No shit. I swallowed and glanced at Pete, my smile fading. Pete within my vicinity was the rock in my own personal Sisyphian Hell. Just when I got away from him, he snapped back like a torturous boomerang with that smile and those sparkling eyes. I wondered again what his soft body looked like under the suit.