[Chapter 5.5] Birthday Part 2/2

Start from the beginning

The Duke reassured them that "I wAs oNlY AcTiNg liKe ThaT bEcaUsE I lOve GetTinG aTtenTiOn".

"Fck you" I mumbled to myself then went back to that acting mode to not screw myself up.

"Ughhh, I wish this would just end already, it's not even near sunset yet, fck.."

I plopped down the bed and slept for who knows how long until Niel woke me up to remind that the birthday party is about to start. Kate helped me get ready again, now I'm wearing the red dress and with much more heavier makeup.

"I swear to god if I mess up, it'll be the end for me, which is good actually..." I have been mumbling ever since we started walking towards the room where the party was held. Niel is holding me to not "hurt myself while walking" while Kate is holding my hand to make sure I won't fall out of balance.

We passed through the window of the entrance of the mansion and we saw many carriages and many wealthy looking people with kids all acting like they were adults, many of the girls also had heavy makeup on and was wearing dresses that looked like it was looking for attention.

"Do they think that they are on a beauty contest or what." I thought to myself.

"Keep walking, we don't want to keep Father waiting, don't we?" They both nodded and continued on walking

We(Niel and Kate) kept walking and walking until we arrived at the door that the Duke and the rest of the family is staying at.

Kate opened the door and Niel put me down on ground, they bowed and left to go do their duties, I gave them a wave before they went off.

I now looked at the people who are all staring at me with disgust when they saw the makeup on my face.

"What is up with your face? You look ugly dear sister." Anne was giggling when she said that while Fern and the Duchess was holding their laughter. The Duke was disappointed at me.

They gave me the reaction I imagined so I just ignored it and answered the brat's question.

"What's up with my face? It has makeup on, that's what's up." I don't know if that was a good response but she was pissed off so I think I did a good job.

"Amy, behave and act mature, it's your birthday so don't even try to mess it up."

This dude is literally telling a kid to behave and act mature when it's a literal kid.

"Yes Father..." I hate that word.

The party started and I did my acting like usual, I acted like a clingy, annoying character then left immediately after giving that impact to Casier. I'm currently at the second floor where not many people are at so I thought it was a good idea to stay here while waiting for the moment I interrupt again.

No it wasn't a good idea. Why? Because Heliot is literally here standing next to me while I stare at the people on the first floor trying to forget about him being next to me.

"Haaa... bro, no matter how much I've done that, it was still cringe as hell, I wanna die already..." I looked up on the second floor and find that there weren't many people there, "I'm just gonna go to the second floor to relax, I'll come back again after a few minutes.

I went and grabbed a plate to place my food and went to the second floor where I can just stare at the people down at the first floor.

"Ha, finally, I've dealt with Casier, now I just need to deal with Heliot, I don't even know what he looks like but I still need to be careful."

I grabbed a cookie and when I did, I felt a presence standing near me but it didn't felt like they wanted to hurt me so I just ignored it and continued minding my own business.