Chapter one - The Beginning

In the beginning, there was only blank white space. There were no colors. There was no darkness either. There were no planets; there was nothing. You could look out in any direction and see only bright white. All you could see was a vacant colorless space. You may be wondering if there was anyone out there. No, no one was there.

But then the universe plunged into darkness. The light switch flipped off. Then there was an explosion of colors. It was both magnificent and terrifying. When the light from the outburst dissipated, there were still bits of color in the sky, like little rainbow stars. There was also a child. How could that be? He looked no older than one year old. He was just a child immersed in a dream. To this day, his survival is a mystery.

What was he holding in his tiny hand? Was it a small tube of bubbles? The little boy shifted in his sleep, perhaps having a bad dream. If you looked close enough, you could see that he was indeed, holding a container of bubbles. He was wearing an adorable coral red colored onesie with white socks. His skin was light peach-colored, and his short fluffy hair was a dusty pink and green. His left eye is chocolate brown. His right eye is a lovely emerald green.

A few years later, he had wandered far from his birthplace. He eventually came upon three large groups of islands, each group floating above the other. Naturally, the young boy was curious. Who wouldn't be? A cluster of islands floating in space is very peculiar. The child, who had recently decided on the name Rowan, noticed that the island in the center of the top layer was by far the biggest. He thought it would make an admirable home.

A couple of months later, Rowan had built his bubble palace, but he was getting lonely. He looked down at the second island cluster. He noticed that plants had started to grow, animals, humans, and other creatures were roaming around, and bodies of water formed from where the water flowed off the sides of the top layer of islands. It looked just like his islands but less lonely. Rowan sadly went to bed and wished for company.

The next morning, Rowan awoke to the sound of chattering voices. They were right outside his bedroom. He stepped out of bed, clutching his blanket. He looked to be only five years old. Rowan opened his door. He was startled to see eight people standing in the hallway, talking. They all looked very different from one another.

One was a fashionable young man who wore a dress shirt, coat, and heeled thigh high boots. and was rather tall. He had pale skin, green eyes, and a long purple braid. He held the hand of a young boy who was the same height as Rowan. His hair was dark brown and had golden highlights. He had one brown eye and one pale gold eye. He wore a yellow, green, and gold suit.

Three of the girls seemed to be triplets. They all had the same tanned skin and blue eyes. They all looked a little older than ten years old. One wore a simple, flowy, white dress with a long, black, cloak and plain white shoes; she had wavy red hair down to her waist. The second sister wore a white shirt, a brown coat, a brown skirt, and red shoes; she had brown hair in two loose braids. The third girl wore a black tube top and black leggings with a black coat and black heeled boots. Her hair was wavy, black, and shoulder-length, with two loose buns on top of her head.

There was a woman in a black suit with shimmering stars; she had light green eyes and a platinum blonde bun. She had glowing skin and a kind smile. Standing beside her was a man in all white except for gold jewelry. His hair was brown with pink streaks; his eyes were also brown. There was another man; he wore a plain suit and a mask. He had blackhair and amber eyes.

They introduced themselves upon seeing Rowan's worried expression. The purple-haired man was Zuri, the little boy was Vena, and the triplets were Naji, Obi, and Claudette. The lady with the kind smile was Alora, the man in white and pink was Fia, and the man with amber eyes was Luva. Rowan introduced himself as well. He was delighted not to be alone anymore.

A few years passed, and all was well. The triplets had sort of adopted Rowan as their little brother. Vena and Rowan had grown an inseparable bond. Zuri suggested that they all choose a few things to rule over, collect, and protect. Everyone agreed. They all asked Rowan to decide for them. He hesitantly accepted the offer.

Vena became the Deity of wisdom, intelligence, music, storytelling, culinary arts, and archery, Collector of books and spoons, and Protector of knowledge. Zuri became the Deity of souls, riches, death, and love, Collector of elaborate hatpins, and Protector of the dead. Fia became the Deity of fashion, exaggeration, compassion, textiles, drama, history, and paper, Collector of fabric squares and fountain pens, and Protector of history. Luva became the Deity of honesty, truth, judgment, law, order, and personality, Collector of scales and scales, and Protector of order. Alora became the Deity of stars, life, ability, victory, and positivity. Collector of lights, and Protector of champions.

Naji became the Deity of satisfaction, children, immunity, solitude, and home, Collector of candles, and Protector of children. Obi became the Deity of probability, possibility, kindness, curiosity, and hope, Collector of questions and answers, and Protector of hope. Claudette became the Deity of the sky, flight, clouds, and rain, Collector of teeth, and Protector of the sky. Claudette later became known as the ruler of suffering, pain, terror, mania, and nightmares, Collector of teeth, and Protector of madness. That's a story for later.

Rowan made these eight his council. He became the Deity of dawn, laughter, forgiveness, time, and youth, the 30 Uras, and the first Deity, Collector of clocks and jokes, and Protector of all. He watched his world flourish and adapt to new struggles. He was happy to rule over what the people called the Age of Plenty. Then one day, a new enemy arose. A great evil, never seen before. The Age of Sorrow had begun.