Chapter 10

~Carter~

I watched silently as Vi went through her dance steps, muttering under her breath every now and then, correcting herself. My body ached to join her. I sat glumly in the corner watching her sway and bounce. I wasn’t allowed to dance just yet, my parents probably would murder me if I came home with another injury. Not that I was planning to go home anytime soon.

It had been a few days at Vi’s and he was starting to get used to her lifestyle, and he was finding himself enjoying it immensely. He still hadn’t been able to show Vi his world, but he was enjoying just relaxing and seeing hers.

After a few days, Vi had come up to him, a slightly anxious expression on her face. I gave her a smile, dropping a book I was reading on her bed. She sat down beside me, smiling back.

“So I haven’t practiced in a few days, and I need to get back into my old pattern, so I hope you don’t mind, but I’m going to go out to Craven’s tonight if that’s ok with you. You can do whatever you want.”

She looked at me, an expectant expression waiting on her face. Her hands wrung in her lap as she waited for a response. My stomach churned, jealousy of her capabilities turning my insides sour. I kept a nonchalant expression on my face, letting her know I was fine with it.

“Yeah, I understand. But if you don’t mind, I would like to go with you. I’m still not completely comfortable with the whole parent situation going on here... “

Vi looked up at me, a satisfied smile on her face as she laughed at my statement. She nodded once and got up, sighing in relief at my acceptance.

And here we were now. Me watching Vi dance to her hearts content, not even aware how much was going on inside his head at that moment. Carter sighed, trying to push his uneasiness aside and admire Vi’s dancing.

She was incredibly graceful, moving across the floor with elegance. It looked like she was barely touching the floor, floating through the air in a similar fashion as a butterfly. Her eyes were closed, opening every now and then to make sure her position was correct.

Eventually when the shadows were dominating the dance floor, Vi stopped and looked around, slight surprise showing on her face. She cooled down quickly before starting to pack up, glancing at me. I stood up slowly, stretching my back. I doubted I had ever sat in the same position as long as then in my life before and my back was aching.

Vi slung her bag over her shoulder and turned to me.

“So where too next?”

I smiled, a mischievous grin spreading across my face. It was finally my turn to show her.

“It’s time to get a taste of my world.”

~

~Vivianne~

I glanced around my closet, sighing, frustrated. I had no idea what I was expected to wear to a formal dinner. I wasn’t experienced in this area. I couldn’t believe I was letting Carter take me to this.

I glanced around once more, my eyes settling on a sleek black dress. I shrugged and tried it on. It was knee length, hugging my body comfortably. It was a strapless dress, so I pulled my hair down, letting it rest on my shoulders. I chose a pair of elegant black and silver flats, matching my sparkly silver earrings. I glanced at myself in the mirror, smiling appreciatively. I hoped I looked formal enough. I brushed on some loose makeup before opening my door, calling for Carter.

 I walked down the staircase, my breath stopping when I saw Carter waiting for me. He was dressed to match my outfit, a black suit and white tie, formal but showing off his toned muscles at the same time. His hair was carefully styled to look messy but in a neat way... if that makes any sense.

His eyes were wide as he took in my appearance. I blushed as his eyes ran up and down my body. I gave him a slight shove, knocking him out of it.

“What?”

I giggled, not looking at his eyes. He looked slightly confused, not understanding why I had given him a shove.

“Stop staring at me. It’s awkward.”

It was Carter’s turn to blush this time, and he turned away, clearing his throat awkwardly. When he had composed himself, he offered his arm to me.

“Shall we go?”

I giggled at his formal manner and took his arm. Smiling and nodding at Carter..

“Yes we shall.”

~

The limo pulled up, the chauffer opening up the doors for us. My breath was caught in my throat, my heart still beating from the fancy ride that I had just gotten. I hadn’t ever seen a limo this close or been in one before. Carter smiled, amused by my expression.

I tried to hide my amazement, but it immediately came out again when I stepped out of the car, gazing at the huge restaurant shining in front of me. My jaw dropped, and I heard Carter come up beside me.

“Welcome to The Great Impasta, and Italian restaurant. My parents own it so I figure it was a good place to go out. Do you like Italian food?”

I nodded dumbly. I was still not over the size of the place, my eyes wide. Carter chuckled and steered me towards the door, my feet moving blindly.

This was going to be one formal night.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! So new chapter!

Yeah pretty fancy stuff....hope i explained it ok...its my first time describing an outfit i think so I hope I did ok. I think i did =)

Poor carter can't dance...o well sucks for him =p yea a little bit more dancing stuff, haven't really had a lot of that in a little while. And yes, they will hear from the dancing people whether they got the parts or not, for any of you who have been wondering that.

And no I don't know what Carter is going to do about his leg...haven't gotten that far ahead yet lol but I will figure it out. Maybe he won't dance anymore...who knows! =)

Thanks for reading! Vote and comment!