If I was seen with a bruised face tomorrow, then Silver Saint had a matching one, wouldn't that be suspicious?

I groaned and decided I was just going to deal with it later.

I showered and cleaned myself up, getting dressed in normal clothes and fixing my (h/l) hair.

(P/N) and I went to our bedroom and napped as the sun began to rise outside our window. Even with the curtains drawn, it still casted a dim glow.

I threw the blanket over my face and dozed off.

The sun was higher in the sky once I awoke; (P/N-N) had opened the curtains again, they were making noises to try and wake me up. My clock read 12:48 P.M.

I groaned and sat up, rubbing my eyes and hauling myself out of bed.

"Hungry? Yeah, me too." I mumbled to the animal beside me, walking tiredly to the kitchen.

We made a small breakfast together, eating and cleaning up quickly.

(P/N) seemed set on leaving for some reason, so they tried dragging me to the door.

"Hey! At least let me get some good clothes on!" I shook them off and hurried to put on a winter appropriate outfit for outside. While I was at it, I added something to cover the bruise.

The creature hopped onto its staff and we headed outdoors quickly.

Fresh snow crunched under my boots as we walked out of the forrest. The afternoon air was chilly and nipped at my face, small snowflakes from the breeze dusted my cheeks.

My (S/C) skin felt cold, but it was nothing I wasn't used to. I stayed outside most often, weather didn't bother me like it did before.

Now that I think about it, I couldn't really remember when I first started being on my own. I was fifteen and been by myself for years.

Of course, I always had (P/N).

I stumbled out into the brightness of Bonesborough's outskirts, the noise of the bustling town filled my ears as (P/N) and I approached. The shops are closed on Saturdays, so I was unsure as to why my friend had ushered me out of the house.

They sat live on the tip of the staff, looking back at me with an odd, unreadable look.

I gave a matching one, trying to figure out what they needed when I ran into someone.

"Oh! Oh my Titan, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I asked, making sure the bruise on my jaw was still covered and looked up to see who it was.

"Ugh, I'm fine." The Golden Guard huffed. He tugged his cape and looked down at me.

I was hit with a small wave of something close to fear or shock and it took everything in me not to laugh, for some reason. I had to play the 'innocent normal person' role.

"Golden Guard! Again, I apologize. I wasn't paying attention." I spoke, tightening my grasp around (P/N).

"You'll be fine this time. Go, stop wasting my time." He replied, shooing me away.

I nodded and hurried off, allowing myself to laugh once I was out of his earshot.

I'm not sure why I wanted to laugh so bad, but seeing him act all tough even when I've seen him be awkward and laugh was a but funny to me I guess.

(P/N) and I roamed the town for a while, talking to people and having polite, small conversations.

It grew boring, and we eventually found ourselves sitting on the docks. The boiling sea bubbled below the wooden platform, (P/N) was sitting peacefully in my lap. I was swinging around the bare staff stick watching the sunset.

I knew nobody was around. Nobody really came to where I sat. The other witches around here, especially covened witches, thought the docks were a bad place to be.

Supposedly they'd pushed a wild witch or eight into the boiling sea back when covens were first enforced and now people think its haunted.

I'd never had a bad experience, so I continued to stay there.

I made a spell circle and summoned my cloak, letting it fall into place on me. The clothes I already wore were covered, yet the mouth guard I used to hide my bruise stayed exposed.

Sure, maybe Guard-sy would recognize it from our little interaction earlier, but I doubt he'd show.

I adjusted the draped fabric and fastened the hood and mask, ensuring they'd both stay in place.

Laying back onto the dock, I watched the stars glimmer in the fresh nighttime sky. It was peaceful, the town's noise had died down by then.

I closed my eyes and relaxed, listening to the quiet sounds around me. Everything was calm.

At least until I noticed a shadow loom over me.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!! I'm so so sorry I didn't update either of my stories!! Things have been crazy lmao.

Can't rlly go into specifics, but ya.

Love yall sm tho!!
Word Count: 1,420