Chapter 10

Sidon's p.o.v.

My father just told me that (Y/N) was always by my side. I am so grateful to have such a good friend. But... this is making things harder than it already is. When she told me she doesn't share the same feelings as me my heart was broken. I managed somehow to get over it but I never lost my feelings, I just learned how to live with it.

The thought of marrying her left me at some point and I got used to it. When I woke up from my slumber the first thing I saw was her and it was so wonderful. I thought it was a coincidence she was there but now i know better. It makes heart flutter and all the feelings are coming back. As much as I love her, it hurts me at the same time.

Or I am wrong with my thoughts? I mean, why would she stay with me during the time I was asleep? This has to mean something, right? Of course I would've do the same if it was her who was injured but I know I'm in love with her. Does that mean she loves me too? Or did she do that out of guilt because she thought she might lost me? Maybe she even felt she has to because my father took care of her when she was left alone. Who knows.

All these questions are in my thoughts and I don't know what to do. Maybe it's the best thing to go on just as it was before the incident. I still have a competition to run and in the end, if she really wants me she can prove herself. Uhhh this competition sucks! As soon as I am King I have to do somehting against it. Every heir to the trhone should be allowed to marry whoever they want.

Why is it like that anyway? We Zoras are only responsible for our Domain. It's not like The Zora King and Queen are ruling the whole Kingdom of Hyrule. Not even Zelda or her ancestors had to do something like that. Link wasn't a noble or some high ranked soldier and he became King. And I have to marry a woman who did best at a competition.

My thoughts were interrupted by steps. The nurse came back to check on my vitals. "Prince Sidon, how are you feeling?" "I'm feeling good. Tired at some points but it's much better than a week ago when I woke up the first time." After half an hour she said: "Ok, everything seems fine. Tomorrow in the morning you can back to your own quarters. You still need some rest but our work here is done. And please go on slowly at your tasks."

As I woke up in the morning I left immediately to take a walk first. Everyone greeted me and said how happy they are to see me in a good condition. I wondered what (Y/N) was doing and wanted to surprise her. But when I went to her room and knocked on the door there was no answer. I opened the door slightly and saw her still sleeping. Poor one, she really needed it so I let her be.

I went to the throneroom and my father was surprised to see me. "Sidon, what are you doing here? Did you sneak out?" "Haha, no father. The nurse said I'm free to go but I need to take it easy. So I took a walk and wanted to see how you are doing. Can I help you with something?" "No but thanks. As the nurse said you should take it easy. Why don't you go for a little swim? I'm sure (Y/N) would be pleased to accompany you."

I can't tell him she was still sleeping. He would ask me why I know that and then he would've known I was in her room. This is inappropriate. So I decided to follow his advice and go for a little swim. East Reservoir Lake should be perfect for it, I can be alone and take it easy. After that I need to prepare the journey to Goron City.