Hug

When the game reset, Stanley thought for a moment. Why did that have more of an effect on his mental state than normal? He moved some stuff out of the way on his desk and put his head down.

"...Stanley...? Are you alright? Did something happen? Have... Have I said something wrong?" Stanley just shook his head and started sobbing, bawling his eyes out. "O–oh, dear..."

The Narrator was silent for a while. After a few moments, Stanley heard him take a breath. "Stanley... Do you... feel like you did something wrong?" Stanley got quieter for a few seconds and nodded. "Stanley, it's alright. Whatever it is, you probably didn't want to do it... You probably had a good reason..."

Stanley didn't answer. He just sat there, tears streaming down his face and dripping onto his desk. The dripping reminded him of The Skip Button ending, the water dripping into the room after a few skips. He thought about all the endings he'd done that hurt The Narrator.

Suddenly, he felt a pair of arms wrap around him. Startled, he stood and jumped back. Someone he didn't recognize was with him. Though, he kind of thought The Narrator's voice would match him. He looked up where The Narrator's voice usually came from for him to say something.

"Stanley." It didn't come from above, but from the man. The man was The Narrator. Stanley gave him a confused look. "It's only temporary. Just this once. You looked like you really needed it." He did.

He wiped away a few tears and hugged him. "It's alright, Stanley."

The Narrator stayed in that form for the entire run, then returned to normal when the game reset and Stanley was feeling better.