Chapter 11: Padawans

Börja om från början

He said, stopping mid-sentence as his comm burst to life with a slow beeping. Pressing a finger to his comm unit, Jerome looked towards the unloading troops a few hundred yards from the current staging area.

Jerome: This is Commander Cooper speaking.

Obi-wan: Jerome, join me by the ramp please. Master Yoda has news.

The voice of the young man's master spoke in his ear. Humming a response, the Padawan patted his droid once more before returning to his feet.

Jerome: Of course, I'll be there soon, master.

Obi-wan: Good, I believe I can see Anakin's dropship now.

He said before the line was cut, Jerome taking his hand away as he looked around at his fellows.

Jerome: Well, duty calls. I'll be back.

Midnight: Alright, see you soon, sir.

The pilot saluted Jerome alongside Titan, the two clones walking off towards the landing dropships as crates were being offloaded soon after. Jerome watched the LAATs before running off toward the loading ramp. The jog took ten minutes and some weaving around the Republic forces before the Padawan spotted the other force sensitives. Among them was Master Yoda, the small green Jedi having been the first to greet him and his master before arriving at the drop sight. He was also the first to notice the young man as he slowed to a brisk walk.

Yoda: Arrived, you have, Padawan Cooper. In time, you are.

Jerome: Sorry if I was late. What's going on?

He questioned, falling in beside his master as the old Jedi's face turned grim. Both hands rested on his cane's head as he began to speak.

Yoda: To the Teth system, some of you shall go.

Anakin: Teth? That's Wild Space. The Droid army isn't even in that sector. Why would the Republic need us there?

Yoda: Kidnapped, Jabba the Hutt's son has been.

He replied, looking up at the Jedi knight as his face turned into a scowl at the mention of the crime lord. His hands clutched into fists as he gazed down at the grand master of the Jedi order.

Anakin: Wait, you want me to rescue Jabba's son?

Anakin said with a growing hatred in his tone, glancing over at his mentor when he spoke.

Obi-wan: Anakin, we'll need the Hutt's allegiance to give us an advantage over Dooku.

Jerome: Working with Hutt's? Are we sure they won't just...you know, stab us in the back once they get what they want?

He asked, getting a nod from Anakin, then being cut off by Yoda as he looked at the duo from the corner of his eye.

Yoda: Negotiating a treaty with Jabba, Obi-wan will to avoid betrayal. Find the renegades that hold Jabba's son; your mission will be, Skywalker.

Ahsoka: Yeah, it doesn't seem that hard, master. I'll get Rex and the troops organized.

She quipped before running off before her master could reply, leaving Anakin to sigh and shake his head.

Anakin: What am I going to do with her?

Obi-wan: You'll do fine. Just teach her everything I taught you.

The Jedi master said, a sly smirk crossing his lips as his previous apprentice gave him a sideways glance.

Anakin: Alright, but something makes me think this was your idea from the start.