~hangover~

Miriam woke up in the familiar sheets of Raphael's bed. She jumped up quickly, her head thumping and swaying.

'Raphael!' she shouted.

'Finally.' Said Raphael opening his bedroom door.

'Why am I here? How did I get here? What happened? Did we-'

'No. Nothing happened if that's what you're thinking.'

Miriam let out a breath and sat on the edge of the bed. 'Sorry. You can never be too careful.'

'I understand.' Raphael sat down next to her. 'I would never do something like that. You were extremely intoxicated. I brought you here after Magnus left. You could barely walk.'

'What! Why would he leave me like that?' Miriam flashed in anger. 'Anything could've happened to me!'

'He knew I'd keep you safe.'

'Well why the hell didn't he just take me with him?'

'He was too busy summoning a demon with those Shadowhunters.'

'In the apartment?' said Miriam. 'What is he, crazy?'

'Magnus Bane? Crazy?'

Miriam laughed, abruptly stopping when her head felt like it had just been hit by a double decker bus. She groaned.

Raphael looked amused.

'It's not funny!' She hit his arm weakly.

'It is, just a little bit. But not as funny as what you said last night.'

'What?'

Raphael began to leave the bedroom, whistling to himself idly.

'Hey! You come back here!'

'You want coffee or no?'

'Fine, yes. Milk two sugars.'

Raphael shut the door resuming his whistling.

He was way too charming. And way too annoying. Miriam thought as she forced herself to get out of bed.

The smell of french toast and sweet coffee filled Miriam's nose as she entered the kitchen. She didn't have any clothes except the dress she had worn the night before which stank of vodka soda. Despite this, she had managed to find a spare set of toothbrushes in the bathroom, she had brushed the knots in her hair with her fingers and splashed her face with cold water to at least look a little bit alive. Well she was the most alive person in the Hotel Dumort, but that's beside the point.

'Smells delicious.' Miriam remarked, eyeing Raphael as his toned arms shook the frying pan. He was wearing a tight black t-shirt which complimented a set of maroon red trousers, his dark hair shone from the candelabra which hung over the dining table.

'For you Mi Amor. I do love to cook.' He slid some french toast onto her plate, hot and steaming from the pan.

'Thank you.' Miriam's cheeks flushed pink. 'What's on the menu for you? Protein enriched red breakfast drink "secret recipe"?'

'Always' Raphael poured himself a glass of fresh blood.

A way to a mans heart is through his stomach. Miriam thought. This treatment was a way in between her legs.

Raphael sat down next to her, making her heart race. She hated that he made her feel this way. Or that was what she told herself.

He placed a hand against her thigh making her insides explode.

'You know, Mi Amor. That I can hear your heartbeat.' Raphael gently squeezed her thigh and withdrew his hand making Miriam squirm in the seat.

'Fuck you.' Her face had gone beet red.

'Where and when honey?'

Miriam kicked him from under the seat, scowling under her fork of french toast.

'Feisty eh?'

'I'll do worse than that if you keep teasing me. It's so mean' she left the table, placing her plate in the sink.

'Awh did I hurt your feelings.' Raphael smirked.

'On the contrary, yes, you hurt them very much.'

Miriam barely blinked and Raphael was in front of her pushing her against the counter with his body.

'Want me to kiss it better?'

Miriam nodded, biting her lip.

Raphael kissed her hungrily. She could taste the iron on his lips but didn't seem to care. For now she was captivated. Raphael's kisses were electric. His hands were needy. Miriam pushed back into him, tugging at his hair. That's when her phone began to ring.

Raphael stopped. Miriam cursing loudly. The light from her phone felt blinding. 'It's Simon. I'll call him back later.' She threw her phone on the counter and jumped to sit on the cool marble. She pulled Raphael to her, slamming her lips back against his. Her phone rang again. She yanked it up to her ear. 'Simon. What is it?' She snapped. Realising her tone, she took a deep breath and tried again. 'Sorry. Are you okay?' Miriam said more gently.

'Not necassarily.' said Simon from the other end of the phone.

Miriam now sat up straight sending worried eyes to Raphael.

'What's wrong Simon?'

'I need you. Please.'

'Where are you?'

'Outside Java Jones.' Simon sounded panicked.

'I'll be there.' She hung up and jumped off the counter top. 'I'm sorry.'

'You don't need to apologise.' Raphael kissed her forehead warmly. 'Be there for your friend. Take my jacket by the door.'

'Thank you.'