𝗻𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻

Start from the beginning

      'Why are you here?' Midori questioned, ignoring their father's question.

The air was thick and tense, it was as if Midori could slice through it with a knife. Such heavy air felt hard on her lungs. They craved oxygen, begging her for more, yet with each breath she took she could hear their screams get louder.

      'We are so very proud of you two for accomplishing your dreams,' her mother began, leaning forward, a gentle smile on her lips, a smile Midori found comfort in.

      'We know,' Midori said, voice cold. It was usually Midori that did the speaking. Naito had trouble forming words when he was emotional. She leaned forward, tilting her head to the side. 'Were you ever going to tell us?'

Their mother looked dumbfounded. 'Tell you what?'

      'About Koshiro and Leia?' Naito blurted out.

      'Midori, Naito,' their mother breathed out, noticing their hostile demeanour. 'We've all made our mistakes. . . but let them pass with time. It's time you two took a break from the idol life and came home.'

      'Mistakes, huh?' Midori bitterly muttered. 'Why don't you tell it to him?'

As if on que, K opened the door to their room, desolate eyes trailing over them all. He gave their parents a firm nod, one that acknowledged their presence but did not show any further signs of respect.

      'Mother, father,' he greeted them, closing the door behind him. There was an empty chair for him, yet he refused to use it, wishing to show how displeased he was with their presence. Instead, he took his spot behind Naito and Midori, a hand on each twin's shoulder.

      'Koshiro, my sweet boy,' their mother said with a certain breathlessness in her voice, as if she hadn't expected him to be there. 'How you've grown!'

K only shook his head, a bitter chuckle leaving his lips. 'You don't get to call me that.'

      'It's good to see you again, son,' Their father mused.

A hum of displeasure left K's lips.

      'I didn't come here to reconnect with you,' K admitted. 'I came here to see my siblings find out about the truth.'

      'They already seem to know,' their mother defended, an awkward chuckle leaving her lips.

K pressed his lips together into a thin line. 'No, I want them to hear it from you two. I want them to hear how you ignored me when I cried, how you blocked my number when I tried calling you, how you told me to shut up and stop bawling?'

Midori looked at Naito, the two sharing the same look. They had only gotten a rough summary from their grandparents, but to hear it from K, the very person who was directly affected by it, caused their hearts to ache. It was as if their parents had plunged a knife into their heart, slowly twisting it.

      'Koshiro. . . you're being dramatic.'

      'Dramatic?' K repeated in a voice filled with disbelief. 'Dramatic?!'

      'I lost a child, Koshiro! My daughter!' Their mother's sounded odd, the tune that had once been comforting seemed shriller, filled with faux despair.

      'And I lost my sister, my mother, and my father! I lost every chance to connect to my younger siblings, all because of one event,' K retorted, his grip on Naito and Midori's shoulder tightening. Midori inhaled a sharp breath, shoulders tensing

      'You don't know what it's like to lose a child. . . '

      'And you don't know what it's like to lose everything?!'