We're watching The Princess and the Frog. I'm laying in between her legs while she's playing in my hair.

This is us, today in the last four hours we have been us. I miss this.

There's always the lingering thought of her dying in battle. As upset as I am with her I love her.

"What are you thinking about princess? Your breath picked up." Shuri rubs my arm.

"What am I always thinking about, you, the battle. The supposed future." I look up at her.

"Don't let that cloud your mind, I'll be fine princess. The weapon is finished, we have this." She says.

I turn to face her on my knees. "I'm worried about you, what if you don't make it out."

"I will, I have been training. I have updated my suit, we have the weapon. For all we know that wasn't the future, he could've just planted thoughts." She speaks.

"Okay, I hear you, you're not listening to me. I don't know how I'll go on without you here." I cry.

She grabs my face "Listen, if anything ever happens to me I'll always be with you. If I die I want you to move on, achieve your dreams, be happy."

"I won't be able to move on, no one will ever compare to you. No one will ever be you." I rebuttal.

"You can't think like that, you have to promise me that if anything happens to me you'll try." She sterns.

I hesitate before answering. "I promise I'll try to move on."

She pulls me in for a hug. "And I'll promise fight hard to try and come home to you."

Damn, I love this girl so much it hurts. I really have been giving some thought to going home. I really don't want to, moments like these make me want to stay in Wakanda forever.

I turn back and lay against her chest.

"You know in a way we're like Tiana and Naveen. I fell in love with you  within our first few days together." She says grabbing my chin and placing a kiss on my lips.

"Hmm, the princess and the black panther, I like it." I chuckle.

"Yeah, MY princess." She kisses me again.

"If I kiss you will I become a black panther too?" I playfully ask.

"Ah, no" she laughs.

"Can I wear the suite?" I smile.

"Okay princess, I think your sleepy now."

"Ooh, I've never seen you in it. You should put it on. It would make me VERY happy." I playful move my fingers.

"Listen here you naughty girl, if you go to sleep I'll bring it out one day."

"You should sleep. You haven't really gotten to sleep." I say.

Shuri has been watching out for me so I won't have any dreams. I keep insisting that I pull all nighters but she wants me to sleep. It's going on day three and she really needs to rest.

"I'll get my rest, you can sleep. I promise it's okay. I love you, sleep tight princess." She says.

"I love you too." I drift off to sleep.

    ——《 ☆ ♕ ✧◦♚◦✧ ☆ ♕ 》——
Shuri

The cure worked just like we thought it would, there hasn't been a single bad dream.

It's been three weeks and Tyler and I have spent every waking minute together. I've decided that it's not her that needs protecting, it's me. I don't want to keep pushing her away. After the battle I'm going to tell her what we talked about was all a lie, it'll always be her before anything. I'm going to tell her how I really feel. Hopefully it won't be too late.