ミ★ 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 29 ★彡

Start from the beginning

You looked around and couldn't see or sense anyone else around you guys. It's a pretty quiet area so you and Keigo would definitely know if there was anyone lurking. "Save the number I called you from. I got a burner phone so we could talk. All call and text logs get automatically deleted after 5 days. However, it'll mostly have to be text but it's better than nothing, right?"

You nodded and quickly saved his new number as 'HKT', short for 'Hawks Keigo Takami' of course. "So, what's been going on? You gotta make it quick because we got about an hour and a half. We can maybe stretch it to 2 hours." He sat down and leaned up against a tree and motioned for you do to the same.

"Well, we had a school dance yesterday." His eyes widened a bit and you showed him all the videos and pictures you took of the fun night. "Shoto and I went together, obviously. Also, we told everyone about our relationship! Oh, and the music was so good! I literally danced all night. I barely sat down last night!"

He smiled as he scrolled through all the memories you captured. "You remind me of your mom. She loved dancing. She always used to tell me if the hero life didn't work out that she'd become a professional dancer." The two of you chuckled but for some reason, you didn't remember this. You remembered lots of memories with your mom and dad but this memory of her loving dancing just didn't seem to come to mind. 

"What? You don't remember?" You shook your head, "Damn, I thought you'd for sure remember that. Well, as I said, your mom loved dancing. In middle and high school, she went out to dance almost every weekend. I always went with her because I wanted to make sure she was safe and she'd spend allllll night dancing."

"She stopped going a lot more often after meeting that asshole who shall not be named and after giving birth to the most amazing girl in the world." You chuckled and playfully shoved him, "She lost her love for dance when Kohaku entered her life but Mizuki was able to get it back after he finally left for good. But even then, she stopped going out to dance and instead danced all the time at home."

"Really? Mom really loved dancing that much?" He nodded, "Yup. Mizu and I would always dance together. And when you came along, she would pick you up in her arms and the three of us would dance all the time." He pulled out his wallet and showed you a picture of your mom holding you when you were just a baby. 

"I've never seen this picture before... I was such a cute baby wow." You smiled at the small picture and wondered what else you didn't know or remember. "There's a lot you haven't seen. But I do have a box under my bed filled with all kinds of memories."

You glanced over at Keigo who continued to go through all the memories you captured over the months. "I also wanted to meet you out here to apologize." You quirked your head to the side in confusion. You couldn't think about anything he needed to apologize for? "I feel like I abandoned you since I started this mission. I've missed all these things in your life and I'm sorry. It'll be over soon and I'll make it up to you."

"You don't need to apologize. I do miss being able to talk to you all the time but you don't need to feel bad. The mission is really important and you're the best hero for the job. And plus, dad, you know it won't be forever. Pretend I didn't call you that because now I'm embarrassed." he chuckled and gave you a side hug, 

"Why? You used to call me dad when you were younger all the time. I kinda miss it. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY LITTLE GIRL?!" He pretended to sob, "Y/n, you know I think of you as more than my niece. You're like my daughter to me. Maybe not biologically my kid but I don't care. You and your mom have always been and will always be the lights of my life. You can call me dad if you want."

You smiled at the man, glad that he thought of you the same way you thought of him. Like he said, you're not his biological daughter but it didn't matter. You were happy you didn't have to keep correcting yourself whenever you called him dad. "I just got ask, did you love mom? And I don't mean in a close friend kinda way. You know what I mean, dad."