"I-it was. I'd never..." His throat tightened and his eyes filled. "How do I fix this?"

There was a faint thudding outside. Like people running.

Lucy straightened and tucked her hair behind her ears. She wound a red scarf loosely around her neck and turned to smile at him gently.

She had their mother's olive toned skin and their late father's blue eyes. And sometimes, when she looked at him like this, she seemed so much older than her seventeen years.

"Some things you can't fix." She said quietly.

Matthew stared up at her, his heart ached, and tears scorched down his cheeks.

"I love you, Luce." He whispered.

"I love you, too." She hefted her bag and opened the door to a shower of stars.

——————————————

Matthew woke with a sharp inhale and tears burning in his throat. The world was pitch black. A body was pushing down on him and, for a panicked moment, he didn't know where he was.

His throat produced a choked sob and the body against him stirred; smooth, short fur brushing his skin.

"Hmm." The hum was accompanied by a gentle nuzzle to his temple.

Reality came crashing down and Matthew gripped a seal-hide spine.

"F-Fie?"

A soft mouth brushed over his ear, light as a moth wing, and Fie crooned in response. Mian was gone, lost somewhere in the sea of sleeping breaths around them.

A tear slid down his cheek and his chest heaved. He knew dreams weren't real. Knew there was no such thing as a premonition. But it had felt real. And damning.

A warm tongue licked the wetness from his cheek and clawed fingers pressed into the hair behind his ear, scratching lightly.

It was nothing like the touches Matthew was accustomed to. A kiss on his cheek or a hug. But it was comfort nevertheless and he desperately needed it.

Fie's hand brushed over his ribs and chest; moving in warm, slow circles.

Matthew's eyes closed, he let his head fall back against the furs, and surrendered to the caresses. Fingertips brushed over his throat, tracing the chords lightly, and lips whispered over his jaw.

And even though Matthew vaguely understood, it was still a shock when the alien's leg curled around him and a hard cock pressed onto his groin.

He gasped and Fie licked into his mouth - hips moving in time with his breaths - and a tingling ache began to build in Matthew's pelvis.

The body against him was small. But hard and male. There was no mistaking Fie for anything else. And Matthew knew the tongue in his mouth was black as ink. But it tasted good. It felt very good.

His nose was still clogged and, when the need to breathe became too much, Fie lifted to let him pant for air before dipping down to slant their lips at a new angle.

The dick against him felt strange. Smooth and warm. And a viscous substance was slicking their movements and making soft squishing sounds.

"Mm." Matthew quickly tightened his throat. He hadn't meant to make a sound and he was painfully aware of the aliens around them.

Fie crooned and suckled his neck, sharp teeth teasing the skin gently, and Matthew's cock pulsed. His breathing hiccuped and his ass clenched. And Fie was abruptly humping; short, hard rubs that sent liquid fire rushing south.

"Hn!" The orgasm ripped into him. Lights burst behind his eyes and he bucked up to meet each thrust.

Fie whined in his ear and shuddered. Warm wetness burst over Matthew's belly and the alien melted against him; pressing him into the damp furs.

Matthew's thundering heart gradually slowed and his eyes shut. Euphoria sang through his veins and he slid his hand up into the boy's fuzzy hair - soft as fox fur - and Fie's little nose nestled behind his ear. Breathing softly.

He thought dimly of his first kiss, a few months back, with Harriet Fall. He'd asked her out because his friends said she liked him and she was pretty. He'd enjoyed talking to her, when they walked through the park, but he didn't want to touch her and their kiss had been awkward and stiff.

This was so different. The heat from the stone was drying the furs and Fie was a satisfying weight on top of him; keeping him safe and grounded in the dark. And Matthew wanted to kiss him again. Wanted to smell him and taste him and keep him close.