Chapter 2

Your POV

School finished at 3.00 pm. Atlas's car was parked in front of our garage as he turned off the engine and pulled the key out of the ignition. I stopped him before he could get out of his car.

"Remember what I said. Don't--"

"Tell dad. Fucking hell, Y/N. I know. I'm not gonna slip this time. I promise." He rolled his eyes and opened the car door.

We both got out as he locked his car. He knocked on the door and twisted the knob. We entered and threw our bags on the couch and made our way to the kitchen, meeting dad who just almost finished baking something with hot coffee on the side.

We sat and I put my head on the counter, sighing. The scene of what happened in the library kept replaying in my mind since we were out of school.

Almost like history repeating itself.

Atlas gently stroked my hair as I looked at him, mumbling, "I miss her."

"Me too." He whispered.

Dad came with some cornbreads and chocolate croissants. He's a baker and had opened a few branches in some states like Pennsylvania, New York, Illinois, and Washington with mom's help. So, yeah, you could say that I live in an ordinary family with a stable job.

He puts them down on the counter and poured the coffee into the cup, "How was school, my Scorch, and Torch?"

"Mine was pretty great." At answered casually and took the cornbread.

"Me too." I mumbled, looking at dad and reaching for the croissant.

He smiled, "That's good to hear. Care to share what happened?"

"Remember that one project where I asked for your help during summer?" Atlas begins and dad hummed. At continued, "I got an A plus for it, and the teacher put my name for the next competition in Italy."

"Really?! Woah, that's cool. So, when's the date?" Dad sipped his coffee excitedly waiting for Atlas to tell more.

"Don't know yet. But somewhere between the end of November and early December."

I looked at dad and saw he was already looking at me, waiting for my turn to speak. I exasperatedly sighed, "Mine's not as good as Atlas."

"It's okay. I don't mind hearing yours." He encouraged.

Atlas gives me the look.

"Well, nothing much except that I got detention, and one of the students who also got detention with me had an allergic reaction and almost died because his friends can't find his EpiPen." I finished in one breath and added more, "But, the good news is, I saved him. If it wasn't for me, he probably be dead."

They both looked at me stunned and flabbergasted. It was silent for a moment before a knock on the door snapped them back. Dad got up from the chair, still looking at me with shock written on his face.

Atlas turned my shoulder so my body is facing him. A 'what the fuck' flashed on his face and he whispered-yelled, "What the actual fucking hell did I just hear?! A student almost died?!"

I confirmed him when I heard dad calling me from the front, saying that someone wanted to see me. Kind of weird because I've never given anyone my address. I answered him as I went to the front. There's a married couple in front of our door, looking nicely good yet casual.

"Are you Y/N?" The woman asked.

I nodded. My face wrinkled in confusion. So many thoughts running through my mind. Who are they? What did they want with me? Who told them the address? And most importantly, how the fuck did they know my name?