Chapter 1: Let's Play!

Start from the beginning

"See? I played fair and square!" Usagi jumped from her chair and threw a victorious fist up with pride. "Finally! Feels wonderful to be good at something that Rei isn't!

"Hey! You may have won against all of us, but too bad you can't put the same effort into studying! Blehhh!," she teased as she stuck her tongue out in an annoying manner. Usagi nearly tripped from her chair and pouted upon hearing that harsh comment. "Grrr you're just jealous I'm actually better at the game than you! Blehhh!"

"Okay, okay. Enough with the typical fighting. Think we played enough for today," Makoto pointed out as begun cleaning up the desk, stacking up the school books and placing them in the desk at the back of the classroom. "Though it is pretty surprising Usagi has been on a major winning streak for a week now! I thought she'd still be struggling knowing the difference between magic and trap cards."

"Indeed. But remember Usagi! We only play together after we finish studying and I noticed you were rushing your notes again!" Ami stated firmly, crossing her arms. "Let me look over them just in case..."

"Oh...hehe sure sure..." Usagi awkwardly chuckled and handed over her kawaii pink notebook over to Ami. Her frown said it all as she flipped over the pages of the notebook, looking pretty concerned. "Usagi..how can you even read all this messy handwriting! Oh my, we definitely have to look after you more during studying sessions now!" Usagi simply laughed it off to ease the nervous feeling. "Oh, c'mon Ami of course I can read it uh...I simply have my own unique writing, ya know! No need to fuss too much!"

"One of a kind, eh?" Minako giggled as she took the notebook from Ami and looked over it herself. Her smile faded more and more as she continued to flip through each page. "Sheesh, really really one of a kind...oh my god it looks as if you created your own language with this writing!"

"Was that supposed to be a compliment or insult?" Usagi questioned worriedly.

"Whichever seems more convenient in this case!," Minako happily stated, handing back the notebook to the now slumped bunny-haired girl.

"Don't worry! We'll continue studying tomorrow and slow the pace more so you don't have to rush the notes!," Ami announced with a smile. "Wish we could study over at your house but I have to take care of my piano lessons today with my tutor."

"Yeah, it looks like we each have our own things to take care of later. We better go now it's getting late," Rei added as they picked up their cards and gathered their belongings. "But I gotta admit, Usagi, you're pretty good at Duel Monsters. Maybe you got something going on for you after all." Usagi raised her head from looking at the floor and blinked in astonishment.

"Ohohoho! Now you're complimenting me, Rei-chan? Never knew you'd change so much." Rei rolled her eyes and smiled at the blonde. "Maybe maybe, but just remember you're still the one who's failing the classes! Make sure to be better first in education before games!"

"Hmph! Nevermind I take back what I said!," Usagi pouted, but brushed it off quite quickly. "But oh my gosh I can't wait to tell Mamo-chan about this when he returns! We'll have so much fun playing the game together!" Mamoru Chiba, Usagi's boyfriend, is studying abroad and taking in many academic programs to continue pursuing his career. She loves him deeply as they both have gone through a lot in battling such chaotic evil and are destined to be together to rule over Earth in the 30th century as king and queen. Although Usagi hasn't seen him for a while, she's become mature enough to not worry all the time.

"Mamoru? He's been gone for a while now that I think about it. Are you sure you're doing good without him?," Makoto questioned as she placed her hand on Usagi's thin shoulder.

The blondie nodded cheerfully. "Yes, I'm doing fine! I do miss him dearly but now I'm certain he's studying safely. It's just that...he hasn't been calling very often like before. I really do miss hearing his voice.."