We Wish You a Merry Christmas, We Wish You a Merry Christmas,

(Art credits go to artist, found art on Google)

Aaaaaand it's the 5th chapter! WHOOOO!

And even more important: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🎉 🎄 

Now, onto the story! It's my Christmas present to you guys! (Also the title makes more sense after the next chapter is posted, since the 4th, 5th, and 6th chapter are like a mini trio)

ENJOY WITH TONS OF CHRISTMASY CHEER! AND EGGNOG! AND CANDY CANES! AND HOT CHOCOLATE! AND GINGERBREAD! AND PRESENTS!

You two had split up for about an hour now, after decorating, to do one of the most important things. Gift shopping!

You were searching for presents for everyone, even Andrias! As much as you disliked the blue newt, you felt everyone should be included on Christmas. So you wandered around, finding gifts for all your friends in the castle. Oh, and Andrias, you suppose.

However, there was someone who you just weren't sure what to get. Someone who stumped you, and was the most important someone to shop for, at least in your opinion. Darcy. You just weren't sure what to get them. They may be like Marcy, but they're still different people.

'So what sort of gift do you get someone who's as unique as Darcy?' You pondered, tail whisking back and forth impatiently. 'At least I finished most of the Christmas gift shopping. Got some stuff for Bartly, Branson, Blair, Olivia, Yunan... actually, come to think of it, I haven't heard from those two in a while. Huh. I'll ask Darcy about it, I guess. Maybe they got transferred somewhere or something. Gosh, it's weird not buying presents for... never mind. Don't think about that, Y/n. Think about happy Christmas things.'

Meanwhile, Darcy was also on the lookout for a Christmas present for you. They didn't feel the need to get presents for everyone, but only for you, since they actually cared about you. But they were struggling too. They weren't quite sure what to get you either.

'What can I gift to them?' Darcy scowled, trying to think of something. 'It can't just be a little trinket. It needs to be something important. We need to find something that means something! Like the cape... but we already got them a cape... hmmm...'

After the hour was up, you'd both wrapped and placed presents under a Christmas tree that was placed in the throne room while you were gone. Although Darcy wouldn't admit it, you knew they'd ordered someone to bring the best one they could find and decorated it perfectly- you assume, since they told you the tree was almost as tall as the ceiling while you felt the decorations. And surprisingly, you'd both managed to find great gifts for each other, and were able to hide them from one another, despite you and Darcy trying to figure out what the presents were.

You dusted your hands off, standing proudly next to the tree. "I think these gifts are winners!"

Darcy nodded. "I'm sure they are. Do we have to wait until tomorrow though?"

"Absolutely! Tomorrow's Christmas!" You jumped up and down a bit. "I can't wait for CHRISTMASSSSS!!!"

"What do we do until then?" Darcy asked, watching you with a smirk.

"Hmm. I dunno." You paused in jumping and tapped your chin. "Let's see. Last few Christmases... me, Anne, Sash, and Marc usually had fun in the snow. We built awesome snowmen... went sledding... pelted each other with snowballs..." You tried to hide it, but your expression had a glint of pain in it, the kind that could only come from sad remembrance.