Alan Rickman on Love, a channeled commentary

INTRODUCTION

Inspiration for this book arose in fall 2022 as Madly, Deeply: The Diaries of Alan Rickman was soon to be published. When the announcements stated that the diaries would purportedly let us into Alan's mind, I sensed that something was missing from the book.

My intuition proved to be correct when I read diary excerpts in the media along with critical comments from reviewers and disappointed readers. While our mind helps us to process our experiences, we truly find meaning in our heart. Alan's diaries indeed provide intriguing sketches of the actor's life events, but they don't reveal the perspective from his heart after the fact, once he'd had time to fully process those events and elaborate on his notes.

It's a pity that Alan didn't write something while he was living. He was an intelligent man and a brilliant artist with a sharp wit. He would have made a beautiful poet.

Love is at the heart of Alan's current work as a guide, healer, and teacher across dimensions where love is the answer. I've been working with Alan since his death in 2016. Now he's helping me to write mystical love stories which contain spiritual truths at their core. Alan asked me to create love stories because, quite simply, he enjoys romances. They can be inspirational and comforting during difficult times, plus he knows that the heart yearns for love. There's a reason that romance is the bestselling genre in the publishing industry.

Because Alan didn't have the opportunity in life to edit his diaries or publish his own work, I asked him if he would now like to write something of his own about love. He agreed.

Several evenings in October 2022, I sat at my computer and talked with Alan at length, asking him questions and typing his responses. I gave him the space to say whatever he wanted. He impressed me with a frank discussion about his love of life, romantic love, and love in the higher dimension. The following channeled commentary is the result. This is Alan Rickman on love.

LOVE OF LIFE

Sonya: So, tell me about your life as Alan Rickman. What did you love?

Where shall I start? Well, you know I loved to travel. There was a road I used to know. Not a wooded road but a well-traveled urban lane that was long and narrow. I used to pass the shops all around with the bustle of people going to and fro. I was one of them. I loved that lane . . . downtown, alone on a lazy afternoon. It's difficult to explain, but I felt connected to the city. The city was a part of my heart, and I left a piece of my heart there too. That's one of the reasons I can do what I'm doing now, offering myself as a teacher and guide. I never lost my connection to the physical world; it's still in my heart and deeply ingrained in my soul, largely because of my connection to city life.

I'll tell you a little about my career as an actor. This helped me to open my heart, and this is relevant to our discussion here. I don't think about it as much, now that I'm out of the physical world, but I still look back fondly as I know what I meant to so many and how I was able to contribute to the world through that work.

While I loved the work, I had a love-hate relationship with the theater and storytelling in general. I admired the theater and its capacity to help people find their voice and to tell the truth in a way that people would understand. That I loved. But other aspects: directors, other actors, political games, all the nonsense . . . Sometimes it was wildly absurd. Sometimes it was peaceful and sublime. I learned to find comfort in what I did and what the theater became for me. It was a home away from home.

Sonya: It sounds like you found the closest thing to love in the theater.

Yes and no. I wanted to do more. I wanted the theater to do and be more. It had its limits. I wanted more than what it was capable of.