✦ . KHARDIMIA: Ⅳ. ꒦꒷

khardimia: act iv.
꒷꒦ hiina's honoured guest 𓏲 ࣪₊༞

NOT UPDATED!!!

・୨・┈┈・୨ Ⅰ. ୧・┈┈・୧・

I could hear owls off in the distance, nothing but cold winds from the presence of the moon. The stable was a fairly long way from the halls I previously talked to Emerett and Mikae in. In a rush, I decided I'd take the knights' training grounds as a shortcut.

There was a living hall for the knights called the 'Knights' Hall', located near the training grounds. It had their sleeping quarters, shower rooms, dining halls, and whatever necessities they needed. Right now, almost ten in the evening, it was about time that they either ate or took showers. I could hear singing from the dining hall, which I assumed were the knights singing their little hymn. I've heard it from Kyou, sometimes he would hum the tune without noticing it. I found it quite cute, I loved seeing how the knights had fun and enjoyed their time, even if their jobs were one of the most dangerous to have.

I spotted two boys about the same height as my brother, taking a walk around the training grounds. They looked around my age. Perhaps they were Kyou's friends? Knights in training, I'm sure. They weren't exactly on duty yet, since they're still very young. Once they'd turn thirteen, they'd officially be knights, and this same practice applies to Kyou as well.

Sometimes the knights would have night marches around the castle, chanting a marching tune they'd made up. It started at around nine in the evening, then ended half an hour later. Madeline hated it, she often complained to father about it, but Aldrich didn't care. I personally liked it. It made me feel less alone whenever I'd look outside the windows of my room, watching and listening to each march. This means that they must have just finished their march. Shouldn't they be resting now?

It didn't take long for them to notice me. Then, they ran off to catch up to me. I took a halt, letting them do so.

"It's The Lady! What are you doing out here at this time without an escort?" a boy with dark maroon hair asked in a loud voice, slightly smaller than the knight beside him. "Elias, don't be so loud. We might attract someone." the other boy with light brown hair hushed.

I briefly smiled at them, "I'm heading off to the stable to find the chauffeur. Say, have any of you seen him there?"

Elias shook his head, "No, we haven't. I think he went off to the garden." he directed, pointing in the direction of the castle garden. "In the greenhouse, right?" the brunet boy added, to which his friend nodded to.

"Mr. Weiss is talking to the gardener, probably. I heard he had a crush on her." the dark maroon haired-boy added. 'Weiss' was the surname of the chauffeur, everyone just calls him 'Mr. Weiss'. "Eww, doesn't the gardener have a husband?" the brunet replied.

The smaller boy spoke up, "Soren, you go escort The Lady. I need to go back to base. I forgot to do something."

'Base'? Oh, yes. I've heard Kyou call the Knight's Hall that sometimes I well. I think it's some sort of game they like to play, where the 'base' is the safe zone, and anywhere outside of it would be a warzone.

"Eh? Seriously? Fine," Soren sighed. "Bye! G'luck! Thank me later~!" Elias laughed, before running off back to the knights' hall. With a flustered look, Soren shook his head in an attempt to hide it. Eventually, he managed to dismiss the pinkish hue that dusted his cheeks.

Noticing this, I decided to tease him. "'I like a fierce woman'." I quoted what Kyou had told me a few weeks back. With this, Soren immediately turned back to face me, an embarrassed blush on his face. "Wh—Did Kyou tell you that?! It was a joke, I swear!" he blurted out in an attempt to defend himself. "'She could choke me and I'd thank her'." I smiled, doing my best to suppress a laugh. "J—Just forget that! Come on, we should go." the brunet knight diverted back to the topic.