Chapter 16 | The last dark night

Start from the beginning

"You don't have to ask me that, Wei Ying. It's obvious that I'll go with you then." Hua Cheng stated.

The omega smiled faintly.

"Thank you." said Wei Ying.

"I promise that I will never leave you again. You can always count on me from now on." Hua Cheng added.

"I'll remember that." - said Wei Ying cheerfully, then looked at Lan Zhan. - "Shall we go, Lan Zhan? Are you sure you can take this long walk?"

"Sure. .. I'm fine." said Lan Zhan after a moment of silence.

Then they slowly but surely made their way back to Mingjue's house.

---------------------------

The two alphas just stayed quiet during their journey. Wen Ning and Wei Ying helped Lan Zhan facilitate the difficult steps, while Hua Cheng focused on the safety of the small team. But besides, he kept a special eye on Lan Zhan.

Hua Cheng didn't really trust him, but he could tell Lan Zhan felt the same way about him from the start. Hua Cheng was very disturbed by Lan Zhan's ferocity, while Lan Zhan suspected that Hua Cheng could not be trusted for befriending a Wen pack member.

Both alphas thought the other was bad and a threat to the omega. Despite this, they both tried to restrain their hatred of each other, at least around Wei Ying. This was one of the things they had in common - both of them cared about Wei Ying's safety and happiness. 

---------------------------

Mingjue's house was quiet. After a long fight, and with a little help, the elderly alpha defeated the Jiang alphas. But he noticed the sudden disappearance of the pack leaders only after the departure of Hua Cheng and Wen Ning.

Mingjue and Song Lan immediately started looking for them, first in the house. They were both upstairs when they heard someone outside calling him and Song Lan. The alpha quickly recognized Lan Zhan's voice. Mingjue hurried down the stairs and went to the terrace through the kitchen. He heard Song Lan following behind him. As they stepped out of the door, they immediately saw Lan Zhan, on the side of Wen Ning and Wei Ying, and Hua Cheng beside the omega.

Mingjue and Song Lan rushed over to them and they took over to replace Wen Ning and Wei Ying.

"Lan Zhan, are you okay? ... What happened to you? Who shot you?" asked Mingjue.

"Dad, .. relax, ... it's not that serious." said Lan Zhan.

"WHAT?! .. Of course it is, you can hardly stand on your feet. .. Or do you have any other injuries?"

"No, ... no ... I got shot in the leg. .. nothing more." - replied Lan Zhan, then continued after a heavy deep breath. - "I came here because I wanted to know if you were okay, Dad. But if you have time to yell at me, I see you're fine."

"But you are not well." said the irritated elderly alpha.

"That's why we should go into the house and not stand outside in the cold." said Lan Zhan in a tired voice.

"We're not going in the house. Your condition has worsened, you need the help of a healer. I will take you to him right away. ... But first, we have to change that bandage on your leg because it's too weak and soaked." said the tense elderly alpha as he led Lan Zhan to a felled tree trunk and planted him on it.

" said the tense elderly alpha as he led Lan Zhan to a felled tree trunk and planted him on it