Ch. 1- The Morning After

*1 year later*

Serena blinked her eyes open, disoriented. In a flash, it all came back to her. Booze. Drugs. Bodies. Bright lights. More booze. She groaned and sat up.

"Morning, sunshine!" Blair beamed as she pranced in, carrying an ornate breakfast tray.

Serena buried her head under the covers. "How you feel so good in the mornings after we party, I'll never know," she grumbled.

"It's called drinking like a lady. You know, keeping it to 3 shots instead of, I don't know, 12?" Blair set the tray down and picked up two glasses.

"Fresh mimosas! The enemy of any hangover!"

"Leave me alone," Serena muttered into her pillow.

The girls turned their heads as they heard three knocks on Blair's bedroom door.

"Morning ladies," the familiar drawl of Chuck Bass.

"May we come in?" Nate asked, more subdued than his best friend.

They walked in and Chuck's eyes landed on Serena. "Rough night?"
Serena groaned. "In more ways than one," he added with a smirk.

"Yeah, who was that guy you disappeared into the broom closet with, S? How old was he, 30?" Blair remarked bitchily.

"None of your business," Serena retorted.

"Anyways, we're going out again tonight. It's only Saturday after all. Ellie Mayhew is throwing a party at her dad's hotel suite." Blair said, sipping her mimosa.

"Is the party girl up for round two?" Chuck asked.

Serena straightened up. "Do you even have to ask?"

She grabbed a mimosa and chugged it in one gulp. "I'm Serena van der Woodsen. I'm up for anything."