CHAPTER 27

Nate's POV

"Nicely done Mr. Collins." My producer clapped his hands as I removed the headphones from my ears. It was my second day here and I just finished recording one of my songs. Not the new ones the ones me and Kyle wrote.

"Thanks Bass!" I walk out of the booth.

"That was great, this is going to be a great album. Looking forward to what you have for us after this." He said.

"After this?" I asked confused.

"Yeah, your new songs. You do have new songs lined up right?" he asked me.

"Yeah, yeah, of course." I said nervously brushing through my hair.

"Great, anyway that's it for today, see you tomorrow." He said.

"Later mate." I waved.

It's not like I don't have new songs, I just don't want to share them with the world yet. I mean what if they are not that great. I went to sound booth to record a song I was doing for Summer. It's one of our old songs, Kyle and I. She loved it so much that whenever she was in a bad mood or not feeling that great, we would sing it for her and she would feel better. I want to surprise her with it at the Gala that's in a few weeks.

*****

It was around 4 in the evening and I was approaching my place. I walked out of my car and saw Kelly sitting on Josh's porch.

"Hello love! Whatsup?" I said walking up to her.

"Well, my dad's dying and my mum is driving me fucking crazy." She looks stressed.

"Damn, that's a lot." I looked at her.

"Ya think!" she looked at me then looked back down.

"You waiting for Josh?" I asked.

"I was, then I remembered that he's on a date and won't be back any time soon." She said.

"Damn, Joshy boys gonna get some!" I said in an attempt to brighten up the mood but that didn't work because she was clearly giving me daggering eyes. "Sorry." I said looking down. "If you wanna release some stress you can come inside and I can help you with that." I said smirking.

"Gross!" she said disgusted and my smile faded for a split second.

"What, you wouldn't hit this?" I said turning around.

"Never in a million years." She rolled her eyes.

"Damn, you are a tough nut to crack aren't you?" I said.

"My specialty." She smiled.

"Okay, but for real though, you can come inside, Summer texted that she's almost home." I told her and she just looked at me skeptically. "I promise I won't try anything." I raised my hands in defense. "Scouts honor." I crossed my heart.

She was still deciding and after sometime she followed me to the door and I opened it.

"Scouts honor really?" she looked at me deadpanned.

"What?" I asked confused and she just rolled her eyes and walked in.

She walked in and sat down on the couch and I brought her some snacks.

"Thanks." She said.

"Oh and by the way, I don't date friends, that's what I meant by scouts honor." I told her.

"Not that I'm interested, why?" she asked.

"It always gets complicated." I told her and she just nodded.