Chapter 3 - Moving In

As Sienna finally brought the car to a stop, Annabella hopped out and looked up at the huge building that overlooked me and prayed that there were elevators, knowing that she chose the twelfth floor. However, she couldn't care less for beauty and elegance dripped from the building and even Sienna couldn't believe that this was where her best friend would now be living. Annabella broke from her trance and scampered to the trunk to already find Sienna standing by her bag. 

"You ready?" 

"I think so," Annabella 

And with that, the girls waltzed through the automatic doors and to the elevators. Sienna pressed the button and Annabella admired the beauty which adorned the lobby of her new home. The ceilings wore gold embellishments and beautiful yet simple pieces were hung in the sitting area, where velvet couches stood around the fireplace which still burnt even in the dead of summer. Bing! Annabella dragged her suitcase into the elevator and the girls finally made their way to Annabella's new apartment. Even the elevator seemed to be glamoured with gold moldings. 

Bing! The elevator doors opened and as she walked through the hallway to apartment two hundred and thirty, Annabella didn't know what stunned her more, the exquisite décor of the lobby or the hallway to her apartment. Paintings of elegance hung and the golden moldings seemed to increase in beauty and luxury. 

"Two twenty-eight, two twenty-nine, two thirty," Sienna counted before pointing to the black door, striped with white. 

Annabella lifted the flower pot and found two keys. The first, she took and placed it on her keychain and the second, she left beneath the flower pot, as a precaution, if she ever needed it. Annabella unlocked the door and gasped and Sienna stood by her open mouthed, for she too was in shock. Even though there were her boxes everywhere, the apartment was absolutely beautiful, patterned black and white. When you entered, the kitchen a beautifully sculpted wooden table, for dining stood, nearby. Then came the living room where the white couches had already been placed and finally, the bedroom which was on the right of the living room and just a step up.

Annabella and Sienna walked into the room and Sienna chuckled, "This is amazing."

"Mmhm," Annabella agreed in just as much shock as Sienna was in. 

-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-

Later that day

The girls collapsed onto the bed and Sienna groaned.

"I forgot about P1 and P2," Sienna's face drained of colour and realization dawned upon her. Although she could watch the replays of it, it was never the same as watching it live but, it was necessary to watch it for Sienna was a sports reporter. However, she still longed for her big break because in her field there were not many women as there were men.

"What is the point in that?" Annabella retaliated.

"Ohhh. You did not just say that." Sienna held her chest in offense.

"I'm tired. Do you want to stay for the night?" The girl ignored her best friend's previous comment and searched for someone because she did not want to spend her first night in a new country alone. She was certain that there was a hint of desperation in her voice. 

Sienna looked over to the girl and shook her head. She wanted to stay but if she wanted to achieve her dream of becoming a sports reported for F1, she needed to be aware of all its happenings at all times. That included, catching up on today's missed practices. 

Annabella nodded in acceptance and the girls continued talking for hours long until Sienna's phone rang. 

"Hey Tricia." Sienna answered her work friend, "How are you?"

"Sienna, we need you at the airstrip tomorrow," Tricia urgently.

"What? Why?"

"You have to go to England this weekend." And with that, Tricia hung up, leaving no information but Sienna knew that she had to be at the airstrip by eleven tomorrow for she had recalled hearing Tricia's instructions to the other reporters who were supposed to be there that weekend. Yet, this only made Sienna wonder more, why was she needed in England if there were so many other reporters who had gone. Sienna's heartbeat quickened as she had just realized what she had just accepted to. Adrenaline and anxiety certainly played a large part in influencing her decision. Regardless, she was glad she had taken it since opportunities like these were hard to come around. Sienna thought long and hard and she finally decided that maybe, just maybe, if Annabella knew what she had been talking about earlier, Annabella too would fall in love with the sport and she was certain that she did not want to go to England alone. 

After some convincing and Sienna heartfully promising to go sightseeing with her after, Annabella finally agreed to go to England with her. Annabella too was excited but she could not show it for she that that it could be a ploy to getting her back to her old self. It was the only way she could fully convince herself that everything was perfect.

The girls certainly did not know it at the time, but they were in for a long adventure.

A/N - Hi everyone! Sorry for a short chapter. The other chapters will be longer since we are getting closer to the main plot line. Hope you are enjoying the book so far. Thank you!