十一

chapter eleven
embrace.

‎‎

𝕽𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄 of old memories displayed in his mind like a slideshow. each memory played an important part in their friendship, as itoshi rin felt his heart dropped to the ground.

his breathing felt narrowed, the air somewhat thick and heavy in a sense that made him want to beg for fresh air.

after the little chat he had with his brother, his entire life felt like pure trash all over again. having your own brother choosing someone else other than you wasn't a very nice thing to hear, especially if it was your rival.

but now, upon seeing the female that brought him joy standing right in front of him, he felt all his negative emotions disappeared into a temporary darkness that would eventually come to haunt him back.

you slowly held your hands up and waved at him, a smile on your face.

all that simple things made him feel free, it made breathing easy again, it made rin happy.

you entered the locker room after all blue lock players had left and it was only left with rin alone to drown in his resentment. you knew he was unstable at the moment, so you did what he did to calm you down and that was to embrace him into a hug.

a hug he didn't know he needed.

rin hesitated to hug you back. he knew you were aware that he was all sweaty from the match, yet you didn't cared and pulled him into a hug anyways.

he felt like he could burst out all his emotions in that moment, being embraced by the person he truly cared for the most.

everything felt so normal again. like the moments that he would spend hugging you until the both of you were so lost in time.

this moment was what he craved after being an egoistic subject for project blue lock and being stuck to a single dream his brother created for him.

it felt so surreal to lean into your body, rin's hands wrapping around your waist to secure and keep you close.

for the first ever, he let out tears of frustration. the itoshi's emotions were simply all over the place. he felt like himself again as he allowed himself to cry on you.

your hands gently moved in circles on his back in attempt to calm him down. it seemed like he was the one always comforting you when you cry, so this time, you were the one who comforts him.

it was just like that, that he completely leaned into you, sobbing uncontrollably. your other free moved to brush and ruffle with his hair, giving him the love and affection he needed.

your warmth felt like the ultimate comfort, and rin slowly calmed down from your embrace alone.

isagi yoichi stood by the door, dark blue eyes staring at the scene that unfolded in front him. he had simply forgotten to take a belonging of his and came across a woman not far from his age embracing the itoshi rin into a hug.

to be frank, he was shocked, and a little curious about you. no. he was more than curious as to who you are to have rin submit his vulnerability to you.

until he remember ego telling everyone that rin had a sponsor who invested in him. in that moment as isagi was figuring out who you were— he came to a conclusion you were rin's sponsor.