CH 36 || The Feeling Of Spurnness

Start from the beginning

"Emily was traumatized and was threatened by Vishal not to tell anyone. She was extremely terrified and had no idea what to do. The next day she took her flight, came back, and informed me. I wanted to help her, but she didn't let me. Moreover, she got pregnant. She was against abortion. With the passing months, she thought it would be better if she told Vishal about the baby."

"But he got married by then?"

"Yes. That's why Emily never told Vishal about Aahir." Taking a fleeting cease she continued,

"Emily was in her third trimester when someone started blackmailing her. Before the crime was committed a staff member had gone to her room and before he could leave he witnessed everything. He even recorded the whole thing. When he was in dire need of money he started blackmailing her. But my husband helped her then. We took hold of the proof and handed it over to Emily. It was hers to destroy." The hate for the blackmailer and Vishal was perceptible in Laura's eyes. Her words exuded abhor.

"I coerced her to go to the cops and report the crime. My husband tried to talk to her but she was too scared." I blinked my tears and even Laura halted for a while. I wanted to stop her but it seemed she needed to let the truth out.

"When Vishal came to Italy for work purposes he found Emily. From his sources, he found out he had a son with her. Emily left with him because she didn't want the truth of her rape to be out."

"He pressurized her?"

"No, he said if she won't go with him he will fight for the custody case. She was scared the truth would be out of the box. I am thankful to Aruna that she took both Emily and Aahir with her. Though I was in touch with Emily, our meetings weren't often. But Lisa left to live with her. Five years back I received a call from Emily informing me she wanted me to keep something safe. That's when I knew she never destroyed the proof."

"When did Aahir get to know the truth?"

"A few days after he was adopted by Aruna. For a very long time, he used to think his father cheated on his mother. "

"Lisa, you and Aahir's Mom were childhood friends, right?"

"Yeah. But I had never thought she would betray Aahir and Emily. How is her son by the way?"

"He is fine. The cops rescued him." Lisa's son was abducted and that made her lie when Aahir was coming to rescue me.

Apprehensively, I was asked. "Did Aahir talk to her?"

"No, he doesn't want to. I tried but I can't force him."

Laura sighed before replying, "He will never. Because of her, you were put through a lot so he would never talk to her." She was right. I knew Aahir would never talk to Lisa, at least not in this lifetime.

Placing her empty cup of coffee back on the table Laura got up and took hold of her bag.

"I should leave now. Thanks for the coffee."

Bidding byes to me she left.

I arranged the shop, kept everything at the required place, and then locked it. My car wasn't there so I decided to call the driver but all my calls went unanswered.

It had started to rain cats and dogs but blessedly, I was in shade.

I had to attend the session with a psychotherapist too. I decided to take a cab and call Aahir on the way. I was certain the driver would be reprimanded by Aahir, being well aware of how protective he was of me.

Not for a single moment, he would let me leave the house alone. He wasn't ready to let me leave for the shop and I had to create a fake fight scenario. Still, he sent the chauffeur with me.